Trusted Contributor

I just saw a picture of a peasant type blouse that Lori is selling for $93.95, S&H of $ 3.50, then tax.

This woman started out around $ 45.00 for blouses. Who the heck does she believe she is to get that kind of money for one item? it seems almost every regular designer on QVC has doubled or tripled their original prices. Has your salary doubled or tripled to afford these outlandish prices?

Honored Contributor

Re: LOGO FASHIONS

[ Edited ]

@keithsmom65    It's not the designers setting the prices, it's QVC.  The prices seem to be greatly influences by the tariffs that went into effect late last summer on manufactured  goods from China.  They're costing the average American a pretty penney.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't buy from QVC but if I saw a top in one of my local boutiques for $90 some dollars, that I really liked and it looked great on me, I'd buy it in a heartbeat! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some of the price increases are caused by the 10% tariff on fabric and handbags.  25%, probably on clothing, too, starting January 2019. 

But clothing manufacturers anticipating the increase began using Cambodia, India, and other countries instead of China.  

As far I could see, Logo was always higher priced in the past, $50 - $80+, excluding jackets and coats, possibly, because Lori uses mixed fabrics and patterns, ruffles, etc. that increase the cost to make.

Louis DellOlio's may have gone up a bit, but his clothing prices, excluding jackets and coats, have been staying between $40 - $60 and are better quality.  Same with Martha Stewart. 

So, it would appear, the answer for QVC is not to use China anymore.  

Respected Contributor

I would not pay that much because I can buy something and love it and six months later look at it and think why did I buy that.  I have two denim & Co fit and flare tops in my closet that have never been worn.  I put them on and they look awful on me.  I don't know why I kept them.  I would just wear them around the house but they are not that comfortable. Usually I can comfort myself by realizing I got the top at Penneys or Belks on sale with a $10.00 off coupon so did not spend much.  I need to donate those Denim & Co tops so I will not be reminded of my stupidity.  

Honored Contributor

I have never ordered LOGO.  Although I love the colors, I can't imagine the styles on my body.  Would they look better if they cost less?  Not on me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love her colors too. But if I wore her tops, on my body and at my age it would look like I was wearing an 8 year olds ruffled party dress over my slacks. 

Regular Contributor

I have found a few pieces of LOGO that I do like - however I never pay full price, put them on my wishlist and wait. LOGO goes on sale ALL the time.  Same with Susan Graver.  They are both so prolific it increases the odds you'll come across what you liked, on clearance, and it will still have plenty of stock.

Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

I just saw a picture of a peasant type blouse that Lori is selling for $93.95, S&H of $ 3.50, then tax.

This woman started out around $ 45.00 for blouses. Who the heck does she believe she is to get that kind of money for one item? it seems almost every regular designer on QVC has doubled or tripled their original prices. Has your salary doubled or tripled to afford these outlandish prices?

@keithsmom65 

Lori "started out" about 10 years ago.   How many items are selling for the same price today as they were in 2009?

I'll spend the price if it's somethng I "must have now."  Otherwise, I'll stick it on my wish list and hope for a sale.  Funny thing, though, I have had items on my wish list and when they are reduced ... I no longer want it!    

Esteemed Contributor

QVC now likens itself to high end department stores which is why the clothing is so expensive.  Nothing is really offered under $30.