Valued Contributor

I remember in the 80’s buying an adorable jumpsuit, wearing it to a festival, and realizing the problem when I got to a tiny restroom.  There’s just something about having to basically take off your entire outfit to use the restroom that made that the only jumpsuit I ever bought. 

Respected Contributor

@Catstamper wrote:

I remember in the 80’s buying an adorable jumpsuit, wearing it to a festival, and realizing the problem when I got to a tiny restroom.  There’s just something about having to basically take off your entire outfit to use the restroom that made that the only jumpsuit I ever bought. 

The hardest part is keeping the top part from dropping into the toilet in a public restroom!!

Honored Contributor

I agree.  Don’t even like one piece swimsuits, for the same reason.  Love tankinis!

Honored Contributor

Definitely. I wore them when I was younger. The one on tonight is so cute. And I think I'd look good in it. But I'm past the point trying to undress completely when you go "potty" and have to have the top of your outfit hanging near the floor. So not for me any more!    Related image

Valued Contributor

Oh, I can't believe I'm writing this...concerning a one piece bathing suit...just pull the part between your legs all the way over (so you don't pee on your hand).  

Esteemed Contributor

I do recall my last jumpsuit circa 1983 as well! Gosh, I loved that thing!!

I second the potty issue if you're at an event enjoying a few cocktails it will pose a problem.

Honored Contributor

I owned two jumpsuits in the 70's.  They were adorable and fun but yes, it was a real ordeal in the bathroom.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Jumpsuits always ride up my tushie. 

Honored Contributor

I have to agree about jumpsuits!  I also had one or two back in the late 1970s and though they looked great and were comfortable, they were terrible when using the ladies room!  I never want to deal with that again and I'm just not interested in them now.

Respected Contributor

My favorite pattern is a cute jumpsuit, and I have made 5 jumpsuits out of it in different prints and stripes far, so I kind of have the bathroom “ jumpsuit dance” down to a science ! 🤣 lol