Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Quilted Jacket TSV

On 8/11/2014 mnmom said: Thanks, loveschocolate!

You're welcome!

Honored Contributor

Great jacket! Definitely a burberry look at a fantastic price. I have a number of great JR items-apparel and jewelry-great professional looks, always complimented by men and women. Love the new sheath dress with pockets-fabulous design, fit, fabric-the pockets are perfect! Bought it in gray, and want all the colors. Plus the mock turtlenecks. Sleek and comfy. Hate the extra fold down fabric with the typical turtlenecks especially for professional-fine for leisure or ski apparel. And such a nice range of colors, but I think alot of sell outs after it was shown last night.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Sorry, just think the jacket is boxy and unflattering. I don't think it looks good on anyone.

Like the colors and quilting, but shapeless.

Super Contributor

I ordered it then cancelled because I want a zipper not snaps on a quilted jacket.

Frequent Contributor

After watching the jacket being demonstrated on two shows on different models, I've decided to give it a try. Torn between the beige or black but finally decided on the beige. Can always send it back. Here in Kansas we have a great long fall season plus be perfect for trip to Portland, Or area in late fall. Also did purchase the pinecone bee and hope I'm not disappointed in it.

Honored Contributor

I'm not fond of this jacket at all. Looks way boxy and stiff and almost too big on everyone I've seen it on. I don't think the models look good in it. Not a look for me. And WAY too over priced for what it is. All MO.

Respected Contributor

I don't see anything new and different about the style; I've seen similar ones around for a long time.

Super Contributor

I ordered it in black. I'll be spending a lot of time in Europe during the fall and I think the jacket will be good for wearing to work as well as casual there.
Respected Contributor

What's wrong with this picture? Joan Rivers and a "barn" jacket with corduroy, this does not equate.

Super Contributor

On 8/11/2014 Beejene said:
On 8/11/2014 Nana5 said:

I have the black with brown trim jacket and I love it. I have a smaller waist and especially like the snaps at the back waist to give shaping. I think it runs big. I'm a 10-12 in B&M stores and sized down to a small which just fits.

Did you get this TSV in advance or is yours from a previous season. Asking so I know about sizing. I normally take an 8 in b&m stores so I'm guessing an x-small in this jacket would fit?

Sorry, I didn't get back sooner. I think an xs small will be fine for you. I got mine last year.

BTW, the fabric is not stiff in any way. It's very soft and cozy.