Super Contributor

Joan Rivers' Golden Sparrow Pin

J290615

I received this today and it is pretty, and the gold is not shiny, it is a muted gold, with much texture. The bird is perched on leafless branches, its beak opened at one of three red crystal berries.

It is not heavy so it will not pull down on your blouse, collar, or wherever you wish to place it.

To me the three berries are three stages, birth, life, and the last berry eaten is death.

Joan, per a conversation* I recently heard (with her speaking), said she does not believe in an afterlife, but does believe in reincarnation. So, she will be "born again" to start the process again…this is what this Joan Rivers' pin means to me. Birth, Life, Death--on the tree holding each "berry" as we "fly", cyclically, through the stages.

*I'll find the link of this conversation for those interested. However, I don't think terms and conditions of use allow me to post it because it contains quite offensive words at the end of the recording (which have nothing to do with Joan, in any manner).

Valued Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers' Golden Sparrow Pin

You were lucky to get that pin, I don't think it's available any longer. Enjoy.

Super Contributor

On 9/10/2014 piperbay said:

You were lucky to get that pin, I don't think it's available any longer. Enjoy.

It is gone! There's probably more in storage.

Contributor

Such a nice way to look at the pin. I bought one and love it.

Honored Contributor

It's a beautiful pin. I like the original that Joan showed, with rubies for the berries.

Trusted Contributor

I bought that pin years ago. It is lovely.
Super Contributor

That is a gorgeous pin.