Respected Contributor

Re: Jill Martin has Breast Cancer!

@docsgirl wrote:

I will keep her in prayer for a complete healing.  I was very touched when she said she feels so bad that her parents have to watch her go through this.  It is a parent's worst nightmare to see your child very sick with a potentially deadly disease.  May her entire family find peace as they all go on this journey together and come out triumphant on the other side.

I also felt it was very brave of her to go on national TV the week she is going to have surgery and educate people.  May God watch over her.

@docsgirl 

As much as I would love to have my parents here for support and comfort, it did occur to me that it was probably better that they didn't live to see their only daughter get breast cancer.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003.. Good Luck to u w/your treatments and your journey ahead.🙏
Frequent Contributor

Wishing you strength, hope and complete healing!
Super Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Franklinbell wrote:
I saw her this morning on the today show with her physician. I’m praying for the best for her!

the last thing I would be doing is going on TV with my Dr.

@jackthebear 

i am not trying to lessen your feelings/thoughts. 

However, Jill is using her platform to bring attention to this horrible disease and helping to educate woman and men.

In doing that hopefully save a life or lives. 

I saw her interview yesterday morning, and remembered that I forgot to schedule my mammogram in May.  I'm all set for Monday. 

Best wishes to Jill!

Honored Contributor

I saw Jill on the Today show yesterday speaking about her diagnosis. I go annually for my mammogram and sonogram and go to my ob/gyn for my yearly exam too. I kept saying to myself I'll call tomorrow to make appointments and never did. After seeing the interview yesterday I made both appointments today. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm very sorry to hear this news. I wish her the best for her treatment and recovery.

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I just read this sad news that she was diagnosed with  breast cancer, one week after  after testing postive for the BRCA gene.

Apparently the article said she is going to have a bilateral mastectomy and undergo further treatment.

My Prayers go out to her as she and her husband go through this tough time!

BRAC is a rare form of cancer.,... my son also has a type of it and will have to have "targeted" treatment..  This is a unique treatment designed to kill only the cancer cells but my son's Dr. at Hopkins said the treatment often comes with more side effects. But we have discovered that prayers and the services of a great Dr. can produce miracles so I will add Jill and her loved ones to my prayer list!

Super Contributor

Our lives can change without warning. She seems to be a strong woman with a loving family. My prayers go out for her.
Respected Contributor

Sounds like Jill caught this very early. I'm hoping that in doing so, she will beat this cancer and ring the bell.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HiLo wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I just read this sad news that she was diagnosed with  breast cancer, one week after  after testing postive for the BRCA gene.

Apparently the article said she is going to have a bilateral mastectomy and undergo further treatment.

My Prayers go out to her as she and her husband go through this tough time!

BRAC is a rare form of cancer.,... my son also has a type of it and will have to have "targeted" treatment..  This is a unique treatment designed to kill only the cancer cells but my son's Dr. at Hopkins said the treatment often comes with more side effects. But we have discovered that prayers and the services of a great Dr. can produce miracles so I will add Jill and her loved ones to my prayer list!

@HiLo 

BRCA is not a type of cancer.  It's a gene mutation that puts a person (male or female) at a higher risk for reproductive system cancers - breast, ovarian, prostate. Since your son is apparently positive for the mutation, I assume that you, your husband, and your other children have been advised to test for the mutation as well.  Sometimes the mutation is on the father's side, not the mother's.

So very sorry to hear that your son is dealing with cancer.  But it sounds as if he is receiving the latest in treatment!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett