Frequent Contributor

Tired of paying for new items & receiving used or QVC returns

I have been a long time QVC shopper like many of you but I am appalled at the amount of QVC returns I receive when I order new merchandise.

Some of the items I return due to the condition some of the items I contact QVC for an "As Is" price.  So far contacting QVC for free returns of used merchandise or reduced pricing for AS IS merchadise hasn't been a problem. But why do I even have to do that when I am ordering what I believe to be a new item.

The one issue I have is that the QVC customer service associates seem to be aware of this growing trend of QVC trying to pawn off used and or return merchadise as new.

Some of the items I have recevie have been clearly washed and worn, and one of the kitchen items had food particles on it.

I do know this, I will no longer order gifts for anyone and have them sent directly to the recipients house.  I would feel awful sending a gift only to find out later it was used.

Respected Contributor

Re: Tired of paying for new items & receiving used or QVC returns

B&M stores do this all the time - take a return and put it back on the shelf/rack.  But at least the next buyer has the opportunity to inspect before making a decision to purchase.  Now, I think both HSN & QVC use the "brand new, never opened" sales talk, so sending out returns is deceptive. 

Honored Contributor

@stateofmichigan.  You must have had an unusual run of bad luck.  I've  been shopping at the Q over 30 years and have received dozens of customer returns.  I shop a lot and have way too much clothing.  Thank goodness they send them out or I would have missed out on some favorite pieces of clothing.  In all the years I've shopped, I've never received anything that wasn't neatly folded with tissue at fold lines and in pristine condition. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

You are so right.  Yes the stores put things back after a return yet you see it and aren't waiting 2 weeks to a month for the item.  QVC could convey it was a return by just inserting a sticker then it could be your call.  Doesn't help shipping weight but it would be more up front.

Valued Contributor

QVC RETURNS SHOULD NOT BE PLACED BACK INTO QVC INVENTORY, THOSE RETURNS SHOULD BE SENT TO THE QVC OUTLETS AT REDUCED PRICES, SINCE THEY ARE USED RETURNED ITEMS ALREADY SHIPPED TO A QVC MEMBER.

Frequent Contributor

I was a manufacturers rep for many years.  I am sure QVC isn't any different.  The manufactirer or designer is back billed for the defective and or returns.  Defective is usually destroyed and thrown away so it can't be resold or that dumpster divers can't find them and return them.  Returns due to size issues are usually sold at a reduced price but clearly marked as not a new item. So for QVC theu would be sold "as is" online or sent to the outlet stores.  Selling returns or used items is a deceptive. 

Honored Contributor

@GiantsLover wrote:

QVC RETURNS SHOULD NOT BE PLACED BACK INTO QVC INVENTORY, THOSE RETURNS SHOULD BE SENT TO THE QVC OUTLETS AT REDUCED PRICES, SINCE THEY ARE USED RETURNED ITEMS ALREADY SHIPPED TO A QVC MEMBER.

there is a difference between "returns" and "used returns."

not everything should go to a qvc outlet and there are only two outlets left.

"used returns" should definitely go to the outlets OR resold to those who purchase as is pallets of clothing from qvc for resale.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
New Contributor

I've been a QVC customer, even before they were QVC, normally I had always loved the products I have purchase or the gifts I had sent from them to others.  But it has been horrid off and on since 2019. 

So far, I've been sent 2 different brands of clearly used skincare products, 3 different makeup items, a used purse that was a gift for someone,  a used Nespresso Vertuo which has a stain on the outside that can't be removed right on the front of the unit, and the pod ejector doesn't work, as well as Ninja 6 qt 4-in-1 Multi-Cooker Auto IQ, this one is bad, not is it dented, it came with a dirty pan, dirty lid, inside where you sit the pan is all greasy looking though you are not supposed to put anything other than sit the pot on it, and to top it off, and I apologize in advance, there were 3 reddish-blonde pubic hairs in the greasy area I mentioned earlier where you sit the pan, and I'm a brunette!  Sooo, as you can imagine I was totally grossed out!

The Ninja and Nespresso were purchased on a sale,  Nespresso was a birthday gift and the Cooker just wasn't opened until closer to a holiday, so they weren't returnable. 

As for the skincare, and makeup, I was told I could return it but they would not refund the shipping, so I didn't bother, since on two of the items I had sent back and even had confirmation they received the items back they never refunded me.

As for the purse I had ordered, I wrapped it while in the packaging it came in, and it was given as a gift, so I found out the same time the gift was opened, I was told again about the shipping, and I ended up just getting another gift.

Occasional Contributor

I've bought new items and have received used items so many times from QVC I've lost count .I  received a gift that the gift buyers had sent directly to me from QVC and  the sweater was  used and smelled of a very strong perfume it is so awful.  I did not want to  tell the gift giver this because it was thoughtful for them to think of me. I washed the sweater and donated it to a  charity. Recently I bought a "AS IS" top that was a  mistake it  had a stain on the front of the top and covered in with pet hair. I was disgusted by it . I  can't believe that they have no control in place that allow severly damaged stuff to be sent out . 

Honored Contributor

I prefer to buy clothes in person. I have given up buying online years ago. I need to physically see, feel, touch and try on before purchasing. The good old fashioned way of buying, eh?

"Pure Michigan"