Honored Contributor

Does anyone remember BEELINE Home fashions, and

Dutchmaid clothing?  Anyone here remember them?  They must have been sold up to the late 1970's?  I remember selling Beeline fashions at home shows in 1968,  they had cute clothes, on the pricey side.  But then, they paid us 25% commission.  I know today they have Cabi, are their any other home shows for clothing?

Contributor

Re: Does anyone remember BEELINE Home fashions, and

Yes, my best friend's mother, when I was a kid used to have Dutchmaid parties.  In the late 70's my sister used to have Queen's Way to Fashion parties.  Nice clothes, lots of sweaters.

Esteemed Contributor

Dutchmaid sounds familiar to me but then I grew up in Pa where the word "Dutch" was attached to a lot of things.In more recent years, the early 2000's,around 2005 maybe, I went to a few Weekenders clothing parties. Still have a few of their tank tops that I wear quite often, can't wear their stuff out. Not sure if it's still around.

Super Contributor

I remember Beeline.  I had a party in 1970.  I bought a cute dress.  Don't have the dress anymore!!! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Never heard of Dutchmaid.... but a co-worker coerced me into having a Beeline party back in the mid-70's.  Only 2 people showed up and they didn't buy anything.  Not a good memory.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

Dutchmaid clothing?  Anyone here remember them?  They must have been sold up to the late 1970's?  I remember selling Beeline fashions at home shows in 1968,  they had cute clothes, on the pricey side.  But then, they paid us 25% commission.  I know today they have Cabi, are their any other home shows for clothing?

YES!!!  I had forgotten about these companies!  They had these big books and there were little swatches of fabric attached to them so you could see the colors, prints and feel the fabric!  I was so excited when someone would come to the house with these!  You have to understand, back in the day, I never got to go shopping and this was like a dream come true for me!  I actually wanted to keep the books and just keep looking through and "wish" for things!  But, of course that was not possible!

I remember finally, one day, my mother said you can have a dress from the Dutchmaid catalog!  I was so excited I almost jumped out of my skin!  I looked and looked and looked some more, until my mother had to say ---- choose already!  The poor lady was there forever while I decided.  I remember the dress so clearly.  It had long sleeves, buttoned up the front with little gold buttons and a small pointy collar.  It was like a soft berry color with little tiny flowers all over and small pleat up the front.  I wore that dress a million times!!!!!!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I went to a Beeline party once, and bought a dress, it was cute , if I remember correctly.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I loved hosting BeeLine parties.  My friends and I used it as a social occasion to get together and have fun and buy clothes too,  I would have a party; someone would then book a party from mine and I got extra credit.  Then we all went to her BeeLine party and someone booked a party and on and on.  We had one about every month or so between all of us.  Had lots of fun and got nice clothes too.  There were also purse parties at that time, don't remember the name but they were leather purses and were then monogrammed.  Not as popular as Beeline, but we had a few of those parties too.  Then again came Decorama - more parties with decorating items.

New I go to Parklane jewelry parties. 

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

Good quality products.

Yes my mom use to model for them lol