Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jane Treacy's Dress at the "Calista" Wedding...

@BARBIE100 wrote:

They all looked beautiful!

WELL, WE ALL HAVE OUR DIFFERENT OPINIONS DON'T WE?Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@January121 wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

Is that Lisa on the far left?  Guess she didn't read the rule about not wearing white to weddings?

@KathyPet ..... I was thinking the exact same thing!!!! .....for someone who claims to know so much about fashion she should have known that wearing white to a wedding is a "NO, NO" .... also, the dress was not flattering on her!!! .... a very poor choice & probably worn to get attention!!!

Well, it's blue and it is probably the only appropriate dress for the type wedding according to the old rules, except Jane Treacy, whose dress I hope was pink and not red.  

No long dresses for a daytime garden wedding, no strapless dressing for any wedding, no black and no navy blue and no red or sharp colors.  Cotton dresses similar to garden party tea dresses are appropriate.   

But then if you don't find anything else wrong, you can call the the pastel blue cotton dress Lisa wore white.  However, it being the only appropriate one in that picture, according to old rules, you certainly have found something to sink your teeth into if you can call it blue.  P.S.  The bride did not wear all white.  Could that be because she knew the rules of second marriages?  Hmmmm.

Trusted Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@BARBIE100 wrote:

They all looked beautiful!

WELL, WE ALL HAVE OUR DIFFERENT OPINIONS DON'T WE?Woman LOL

They are all smiling and happy and together, that is the beauty that I see.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

I don't know if Jane's dress was the same, but I just tried to buy the Adrienne Papell dress.  Realized it's too short in the front for me (I'm 5'7") in fact, it's called a tunic (again, not sure if that's actually Jane's same dress), but I do still think it's cute.  Ah well, still on the hunt for a dress for our big family weekend (mom's 90th birthday) at VA Beach later this year.

Trusted Contributor

@TY  Good thing I was not taking a sip of my coffee when I read your post.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I think the ones you can't help but notice belong to Shawn.  

Honored Contributor

WOW!  Reading these posts it's a good thing everyone I know or in my family is too old (except for 1 daughter) to get married or have children.

I sure couldn't keep up with what to wear or not wear!  I guess I'd be totally inappropriate.

Really, as long as the body is covered and nothing is 'hanging out' what difference does it make?  The important part of a wedding is to go, have fun and tell the couple you support them in their life ahead together (because anyone who's been or is married knows it take a lot of patience, forgiveness, love and bending to STAY married).  Ha!

Seriously, going to the wedding, having fun, celebrating is what's important, not what color, what the dress looks like.  Unless you are mother of the bride.....maybe I should start studying what I should wear if my 36 year old daughter decides to get married!

Esteemed Contributor

@TY wrote:

I doibt that any of the clothes are from QVC either. What...no G.I.L.I maxi dresses from QVC's couture inspired line? No Mizrahi dresses? No Halston dresses? No C. Wonder? No LOGO?

No way in h#ll !!!haha

Valued Contributor

@KathyPet      Typical  it is all about her.   

Valued Contributor

@Lucylu12

It looks white to me, and several of my friends.   How do you know it is blue?  If if it is, too close to the color for the bride.