Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jane Treacy's Dress at the "Calista" Wedding...

@KathyPet wrote:

Is that Lisa on the far left?  Guess she didn't read the rule about not wearing white to weddings?

@KathyPet ..... I was thinking the exact same thing!!!! .....for someone who claims to know so much about fashion she should have known that wearing white to a wedding is a "NO, NO" .... also, the dress was not flattering on her!!! .... a very poor choice & probably worn to get attention!!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willomenia wrote:

sorry, they all look horrible except the bride. hat was Lisa thinking? not only is her dress unflattering, it's white. Jane's dress is pretty, but not flattering at all.

I agree and went, "Gulp" when I saw the pictures. Also, the Bride has some unusual embroidery on her gown.  Not certain what it means.  They all appear to be having a good time, however.  Who did she wed?

Trusted Contributor

@KathyPet  I was thinking same thing. Very surprised to see her in white.

Esteemed Contributor

Who is the blonde in the long red dress? Lisa said her name is Angie. I assume she works with Maria, but admit I rarely watch when she is selling. Thank you.

PS - I too am surprised by Lisa's dress. I also thought it was white (I understand it's not), but I didn't have an issue as I don't know what the invite said (looked like everyone was wearing black, white or red, so I was erroneously thinking theme). What surprised me was how unflattering it is! Maybe it just photographs poorly and looks better in person. Just doesn't look her regular taste.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lisa's dress looks like an embellished night gown, it appears to be some white cotton sack. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I didn't like any of the dresses pictured either.I think those hosts have looked much more beautiful on air  but it was the brides day and she did shine.

Esteemed Contributor

I doibt that any of the clothes are from QVC either. What...no G.I.L.I maxi dresses from QVC's couture inspired line? No Mizrahi dresses? No Halston dresses? No C. Wonder? No LOGO?

Valued Contributor

WHAT??  No one wearing the perfect dress for that summer wedding they shopped for and bought from the Q??!!  LOL!!

Esteemed Contributor

I do not care for the dress and how it looked on her. She is short and hippy this style looks well on a taller slimmer women. JMHO.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

They all looked beautiful!

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning