Honored Contributor

What are your thoughts on this new trend?

Linings that don't extend the full length of the dress or skirt (or pants)?

I think it looks unfinished; like a mistake...afterthought..

it's not something I would wear

BTW it was quite the ordeal trying to find pictures of this look! Tried a gazillion ways to describe half slip/lining under see throughish dress...lol

Suffice to say there are more casual versions but I can't find a picture...

Honored Contributor

Re: What are your thoughts on this new trend?

It's okay. But I don't see myself wearing any of those dresses. IMHO this style falls in a category I have named  "bedroom fashion". Seems many designers are making clothes that look like lingerie or like pajamas (logo).

Respected Contributor

I don't really go to any events that call for that dressy of a dress.  They're pretty on the young girls.  I like some and some I don't like.  

I saw saw a lot of prom dresses like that this year.  

Trusted Contributor

Age appropriate fashion for the younger woman.  I actually had a dress very similar to this back in the 90s that was one of my favs. 

Honored Contributor

lol -  Saks just sent me a Where have you been lately? email.  The photo shows just this style - lacey top, sheer long skirt with the lining to the knee.  I passed - some looks are just not age appropriate.  Maybe someone in my age range such as Streisand could wear something like it, but someone like me -  only as a costume!

Respected Contributor

Trashy. But "trash" seems to sell to women who just don't know any better. Look at some of the stuff worn on Hollywood red carpets or, worse, at the Grammys. I'm not a prude; I simply abhor bad taste in the name of "fashion."

Honored Contributor

I don't think they're attractive at all.  It totally ruins the line of the bottom of the dress.

I'm not fond of high-low either.

Respected Contributor

Beautiful dress! Love the color.

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen this on fashion shows and don't like it at all. To me, it looks like someone is wearing a see-through long dress with a slip underneath that's too short. I hope the style will disappear soon.

Honored Contributor

Not a fan.......but I am not as young as I used to be and a lot of the fashion today to just looks silly.