Honored Contributor

Re: J Crews files for bankruptcy

@traveler  That does not mean they are closing.  They restructure and open again.  I hope all the big stores and little ones too make it through this crisis we are experiencing.  I have been purchasing online and if everyone continues to purchase online we can keep the stores afloat.  We will make it through to better days so hold on, we are coming!  (a little Sam & Dave)

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Oh No!  I was sure I was spending enough money there to keep them afloat.  Love J. Crew clothes and especially their jackets.   I bought two beautiful wool blazers there this last winter.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne wrote:

Oh No!  I was sure I was spending enough money there to keep them afloat.  Love J. Crew clothes and especially their jackets.   I bought two beautiful wool blazers there this last winter.  

I knew they were in financial trouble awhile ago, but I thought before the virus, they were doing better.  I've bought so much lately from J Crew.  There offerings have been so cute and I've gotten such great deals the past 6 months on so many cute items!  Their online sales have been fantastic.  I also think they have great C.S. so I hope they make it through this possibly reorganization!   I love J Crew!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I'd be happy if  Gap and their other cohort in fashion crime Old Navy, would crawl away and die already.  Instead they linger and fester. 

Honored Contributor

I love JCrew's denim, t-shirts and sneakers.  I hope they make some changes and come out of this. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

I'd be happy if  Gap and their other cohort in fashion crime Old Navy, would crawl away and die already.  Instead they linger and fester. 

@songbird 

If I do not like a store, I simply do not shop there.  There would be no reason for me to hope it "die."

Honored Contributor

That doesn't necessarily mean they are closing right? Could it be a restructuring of debt that allows them to operate. Nit sure how all that works. 

i have a nice pants suit and a few dresses from them but most of the items are kind of hit or miss for me. It's overpriced imo. 

Respected Contributor

@traveler I did not realize that Crew owns Madewell.  Crew was close to selling Madewell to get cash to pump back into the Crew business.  Then, COVID 19. and the deal did not go through.   I think the next one will be Banana Republic, or GAP

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 I read just this mornng that companies like J Crew that file for bankruptcy are actually the companies that are better off than many that haven't declared.  If they have so much debt and so little worth that they can't even run a liquidation sale and get some cash and attract new investors, they just close without going through bankruptcy.

Just not planning the shopping part of my new normal right now-  how could I?

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

If I do not like a store, I simply do not shop there.  There would be no reason for me to hope it "die."

I agree @lulu1 .  A rather odd comment to make about a store.