Trusted Contributor

Any experience with Johnny Was sizing?

I have fallen in love with Johnny Was embroidered items.  But their sizing seems to be huge.  Is this brand known for extreme vanity sizing?

Valued Contributor

Re: Any experience with Johnny Was sizing?

Another Johnny Was fan here.  That embroidery is gorgeous and so well done!

I would say their clothing runs pretty much true to size, maybe a little on the larger side.  I like to wash, rather than dry clean and there is usually a bit of shrinkage.  Tbe rayon washes great by the way, and many times rayon comes out looking like a shrunkage mess with other brands.

That being said, I have a beautiful velvet jacket from them that ran huge, so I would order a size down in that type of item.

I recently ordered a deep melon linen long sleeve top.  Haven't received it yet.  They were having a nice sale.  Maybe they still are (?).  

Respected Contributor

I've found his fitted styles are true to size. (not QVC sizing)  If it is a looser style, (like a tunic) they are fuller.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wears Johnny Was I believe.

Trusted Contributor

I have purchased the line for about 15 years. Everything is true to size, not QVC sizinging. As others have said, the tunics are looser ant the blouses and knit tops have a more fitted silhouette. Newman Marcus and NMLast Call has great sales on this line. 

Contributor

I LOVE Johnny Was. Have a lot!!!

I buy a large in the blouses and leggings. Never a problem. I have bought an occasional extra large (like above poster)- a velvet blazer- and they are a lot bigger. Dresses tend to be short on me. I am 5 foot nine inches.

Bought a scarf on 50% off last week, and it came today. Presentation was absolutely beautiful. Beautiful box, and scarf in percect condition. Even a sale blouse comes wrapped like  gift, and shipping is usually quite fast. ( I live in So. Cal.)

Respected Contributor

I recently ordered a Johnny Was linen tab collar button down with beautiful embroidery.  I got the XS - it is a generous fit.  The description said it was oversized, so I knew to order a size down from what I'd normally wear.  Often times I'll go on another website such as Neiman's or Nordstrom's to see if there are any fit reviews on the item I'm interested in.  But all in all, I'd say JW runs a little generous in sizing.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

I wish I could figure out the sizing.

I'm a size 10. 5'6"

The large are usually too big and the mediums are a tad snug. Sleeves are always too long. If it says oversized then med seems ok.

The tunic lengths are too long. 

Honored Contributor

Like this one because of the sleeves.   Not the price though   $250.00

Johnny Was Pizzo Button-Front Printed Silk Top

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Andreatoo wears Johnny Was I believe.

@ECBG 

only if you buy it for me Woman Wink