Super Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizrahi TSV Lace Pants

I bought Isaac's Lace Culottes last year in the black and the navy blue.   I like wearing these culottes because they are different.   They are casual and dressy at the same time.   I wear them with a tshirt and sneakers.  

If you purchase the TSV Lace Pants, I hope you enjoy them.   Have a great day everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Lace has its place -- but pants isn't the place.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

I like these pants and I would style them casually as Jen has done.  I would really need to try these on as the wide leg can be iffy on my 5'4" size 12 figure. Not sure which length would work better either.  I would definitely try these on in a store and experiment with different lengths. What I generally find is that the width of pants looks less extreme on the models and then when I try them on I look like a clown!  So I might buy but I am on the fence as I would have to order petite and regular to decide.

Esteemed Contributor

While I do not object to lace pants, I do object to the choice for a fashion day TSV.

The TSV should have been something more universally appealing and fashionable, not Q's attempt to clear out previous unsold inventory and call it a TSV!

QVC: still not getting it right!!

Trusted Contributor

In the white, these pants would be perfect for a bride. She can take off her cumbersome dress and put these on for the reception then she can dance and relax and still look pretty.

Esteemed Contributor

I have two of his lace blouses. They are beautiful (to me anyway). But the pants weren't for me. And I don't think any pair of pants with lace ever will be for me. I think I would look silly in them. 

Some women can pull them off well though, I have no doubt. 

Ha, no pun was intended, lol. 

Esteemed Contributor

I had dozed and woke up to see someone in head to toe lace, looked like a tank top, jacket and pants all in some yellowish or orangish color and thought I was having a nightmare. Then I heard Isaac's voice and realized it was real and the Q was on the tv. 

Regular Contributor

@KonaKat wrote:

Can't imagine anywhere I would wear this even to a special event. I see the lace catching and pulling. A touch of lace can be a great accent or used on a top but not pants.

@KonaKat  Exactly what I thought when they showed these. All I could picture was the whole pant unraveling. JMO

Honored Contributor

@elated   Oh my, this is exactly what I thought too. Here we go again with his leftover lace from last season. He's run this one into the ground and nothing he does especially these pants are the least bit attractive. Who would wear these things with tennis shoes??? These things are appalling, perhaps leftovers from last year even.

Valued Contributor

They remind me of the Mantilla I would put on my head for Mass back in the day.