Valued Contributor

I really like this cardigan by Isaac A294256. However, after looking at garment measurements I match some measurements in one size and other measurements in another size and this is my first Issac purchase.

What is your experience with his sizing??

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

@SandPiper

It depends how you are going to wear it & how you want it to fit.

I don't lump sizing of clothing together; I go by garment measurements & the fit I want for each individual item. The garment measurements and fit for different things will vary based on the fit IM intends for the piece so you can't really depend on the fit of previous things purchased.

I use the garment measurements to help me decide on sizes but you need to remember that, if the garment measurement is the same as your body measurement that is going to be a tight fit in that area. If you plan to wear the cardigan buttoned you might want to get the larger size. If you are only going to wear it open you might be OK with the smaller size. 

Valued Contributor

That sweater is adorable! You made me want to get it Smiley Happy

On me, his sizing is a bit large. I'm between a 12-14 normally and I can wear a medium and large in his clothes.

I hope you get it Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

That's a cute sweater.

For me, Isaac runs true to size.

Valued Contributor

@MandyG06 and @Bri36 I'm between a 8-10.  Going to order the mulberry in small. I have plenty of jackets (I think Woman Happy) but need sweaters. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

@SandPiper,   That is with everyone at the Q.  It is strange to me too.  First you are a 12 and next you are a 16.  Go figure?  Issac does have wonderful cotton tee shirts -- very soft, wash perfectly and keep their shape.  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting that.  I ordered it in the olive green.  I ordered a size down because of the sleeve length.  Also, ordered that adorable bird Quacker Factory Cardigan in the Ivory.  Couldn't decide on one so ordered both!! lol  

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 I know what you mean. There is a learning curve before finding your size for each designer. Thanks for your suggestion on Isaac's tees.

Respected Contributor

I wear a medium in Issac's sweaters and jackets and in all the sweaters and jackets I buy at QVC.  If you buy other brands you may also wear the same size in Issac's.  I usually buy Issac, D&C, Susan Graver and Belle.  I also have some Joan Rivers and Linea also in medium.  In the B&M stores I wear either medium or large in tops and sweaters. 

Respected Contributor

I love Isaac and have a ton of his stuff, but I find if it has any amount of cotton, it will shrink.