Super Contributor
On 3/3/2015 GinaV24 said:

I like Courtney and will miss seeing her on PM style. After Lisa left, I thought she did a nice job teamed up with the various substitute hosts until Q moved to this Fashion night concept.

I'm not a big fan of Shawn's and I doubt that I'll tune in to PM Style at 10 pm on a regular basis. That whole preachy thing and sad stories doesn't interest me. I turned the show off last night when she started in on that. I tune in for the clothes and jewelry, not for the blues.

I wish Courtney the best and hope she gets more opportunities in the future.

I rarely watch QVC on TV, this is why...

Super Contributor

I agree stevieb. I really doubt Lisa would comment on anything happening at the Q. Last I read her page, it was all personal stuff. Food, fitness, social life.

Super Contributor

I like Courtney and will miss seeing her on PM style. After Lisa left, I thought she did a nice job teamed up with the various substitute hosts until Q moved to this Fashion night concept.

I'm not a big fan of Shawn's and I doubt that I'll tune in to PM Style at 10 pm on a regular basis. That whole preachy thing and sad stories doesn't interest me. I turned the show off last night when she started in on that. I tune in for the clothes and jewelry, not for the blues.

I agree with your remarks regarding Shawn. The whole "Shawn pretends to be a grief counselor " thing is a total turn off.
Frequent Contributor
On 3/3/2015 stevieb said:
On 3/3/2015 BillyBob20 said:
On 3/3/2015 stevieb said:

It seems as though the Q is increasingly moving away from the whole ridiculous 'cyber sidekick' mess they've been insisting on for the past few years and I don't miss it a bit... I think they still have someone 'chatting' for key shows, but it appears they're no longer part of the 'on-air' entourage... which is as it should be. That said, while I agree Courtney still needs a little seasoning, I'd grown to like her, certainly more than Amy, and feel she truly drew the short end of this Monday night stick.

They still have a social media sidekick for PM Style and Inspired Style, but it appears they have moved away from having hosts doing it and having Associate Producers doing it. Erin for PM Style and Meg for Inspired Style. And judging by Alberti's on air schedule this week it appears he's no longer a social media sidekick on Friday nights either.

And they don't tend to be featured on air like the host sidekicks were, which is a blessing...

As for Courtney being on Q Plus... No matter how you cut it, it's a downgrade... A lot of folks, me included, don't even get Q Plus and I'm not one to sit and watch an entire show on a computer or tablet...

I check out Lisa's FB page occasionally to see if anything is forthcoming about her next gig, and have not seen any posts where she indicates surprise that Shawn and not Courtney was made the PM Style hosts. Not saying it wasn't there, just saying I didn't see it and think Lisa is probably a bit too politic to make such a loaded statement, given both these ladies are her friends.

Can't imagine LR would say anything like that in public. She was friends with both. Shawn wrote a beautiful goodbye to her. Don't believe it for a minute. I also check out her FB and everything is travel, clothes, food and décor. Last post was a trip to Florida today, and HSN popped into my mind.....and right out again!

Valued Contributor
What is QVC plus?.....where is it?
Super Contributor

IMO, it would have been a toss-up choosing between Courtney and Amy for the prime-time fashion spot. I think both, as less experienced hosts, need some polishing. I have hope for them because no one was perfect right off, except possibly Alberti, who seems to have been born to host. Jennifer Coffey seems to be overlooked, too. I think she is a good host who is ready for prime time, but you never see her. I think Gabrielle has the best fashion sense of all, but she needs a little polishing, too.

I wonder if some of the overnight hosts prefer that time slot due to familial responsibilities.

Honored Contributor
On 3/3/2015 QMaven said:

I agree with your remarks regarding Shawn. The whole "Shawn pretends to be a grief counselor " thing is a total turn off.

yep

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

Everyone has there thoughts on the hosts,good or bad.

Super Contributor
On 3/4/2015 Firefly3 said: What is QVC plus?.....where is it?

On the QVC homepage, click the Watch Live TV link, when the screen pops up at the top of the screen choose your channel QVC Live, or QVC Plus.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad she is out... no great loss.