Esteemed Contributor

Re: If I were still young and single..

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@ROMARY

By the time I was wearing minis, pantyhose had just started, so that eliminated the problem of garters hanging out.

Those panthose were deemed to be "enough" panty as to not require another garment.  In fact, they marketed them that way -- as panties + stockings.  Therefore, we were sportin' those short skirts in the very-nearly altogetherCat LOL

I can remember walking down the streets of downtown St. Louis (where I worked) and it was a windy day.  The gal ahead of me had her mini blown above her waist and -- no panties to be found.  Everyone got an eyeful.

I have no idea how I thought it was OK to do this!  I can remember sitting down and my dresses were so short there was no fabric to sit on.  I did have great legs then, but that's no excuseCat LOL

Another time, I was bending over the copy machine to fix a jam and found my boss standing in the doorway watching with great interest.  I am embarrassed just thinking about it.

And, oh, I also remember pettipants and I'm 66.

I got sent home from school because my miniskirt was too short! I'm a little younger then you..can't believe my parents let me out the door...

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Young and single??????  Why the heck would you have to be young and single to wear that top?  It's actually quite forgiving.  I'd wear to some special occasion and I'm 57 and I've been married for over 30 years and I'm a size 16.  I'd wear a tank top under it and I think it would look lovely with black palazzo pants and a sparkly shoe.  Depending on how it's styled, that top would work for any age.  The shorts.......not so much.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@emmysmom

Short skirts were forbidden in my high school.  As were slacks/pants/jeans.  It was a public school.

We had a strict dress code.  Girls had to kneel down and their skirt had to touch the floor. 

I was sent home once for wearing white lace tights, and labeled a "troublemaker" for the offenseCat LOL 

I didn't start wearing serious minis until I was out of high school and working. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Young and single??????  Why the heck would you have to be young and single to wear that top?  It's actually quite forgiving.  I'd wear to some special occasion and I'm 57 and I've been married for over 30 years and I'm a size 16.  I'd wear a tank top under it and I think it would look lovely with black palazzo pants and a sparkly shoe.  Depending on how it's styled, that top would work for any age.  The shorts.......not so much.

@chrystaltree

You should probably read all my posts before getting your panties in a twist!

It's not so much about age but about lifestyle and while it's a spectacular shirt for $305 I don't see getting any significant wear out of it!

I'm not wearing it out for sushi or to go grocery shopping... special events are few and far between that don't involve eating and can you imagine with those sleeves?? LOL