Honored Contributor

Re: If I were still young and single..

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

What in the heck was I thinking?.......wearing those very short dresses and skirts.   My goodness............Well, there were those silky bloomers/petti pants undergarments, but I don't recall wearing them with those very short dresses/skirts.  Wore them with the longer dresses/skirts, but not under the short-short ones, if I correctly recall.   'It's a mystery'.............

@ROMARY

these are pettipants

pettipants.jpg

exactly how old are you??!

I remember them from 6th grade back in the 60's. They used to advertise them in Seventeen magazine.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo I am in love with that top but I was thinking those sleeves could really get in the way in the restroom or even during a meal.I hope if you decide to get that top you just wear it anywhere and enjoy the drama.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

What in the heck was I thinking?.......wearing those very short dresses and skirts.   My goodness............Well, there were those silky bloomers/petti pants undergarments, but I don't recall wearing them with those very short dresses/skirts.  Wore them with the longer dresses/skirts, but not under the short-short ones, if I correctly recall.   'It's a mystery'.............

@ROMARY

these are pettipants

pettipants.jpg

exactly how old are you??!

I had those...my grandmother sent them to me .She lived in California and we lived in small town in British Columbia.I was the only one that I am aware of who wore those.My dress got caught up in the back once during a time I was at the front of the high school class and the male teacher said that I had pretty underwater that needed to be covered.He probably had a difficult time not laughing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never heard of pettipants before now and I don't think the rock I live under has been here very long...lol!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Our pettipants were more along these lines.  The ones posted in an earlier response were called little Bo Peeps.

Shadowline Snip-it 18 Inch Pettipants

When my sister and I were in high school our mother had white Go-Go boots she wore with a green dress that had huge white stripes along the sides and across the round neck and bottom. (Shindig or Hulabaloo dancers had the exact same dress)  We were mortified.

When we came home from college, she'd ditched the white boots for knee high patent leather boots in every color. 

Super Contributor

Thanks Iwantcoffee, checking out the dress

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY

By the time I was wearing minis, pantyhose had just started, so that eliminated the problem of garters hanging out.

Those panthose were deemed to be "enough" panty as to not require another garment.  In fact, they marketed them that way -- as panties + stockings.  Therefore, we were sportin' those short skirts in the very-nearly altogetherCat LOL

I can remember walking down the streets of downtown St. Louis (where I worked) and it was a windy day.  The gal ahead of me had her mini blown above her waist and -- no panties to be found.  Everyone got an eyeful.

I have no idea how I thought it was OK to do this!  I can remember sitting down and my dresses were so short there was no fabric to sit on.  I did have great legs then, but that's no excuseCat LOL

Another time, I was bending over the copy machine to fix a jam and found my boss standing in the doorway watching with great interest.  I am embarrassed just thinking about it.

And, oh, I also remember pettipants and I'm 66.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@hoosieroriginal I know how you can get that body...pole dancing.There is a woman in her sixties discussed in another thread that looks very muscular and fit from pole dancing.

@dex - If I got myself wrapped around that pole, I would need an emergency crew to get me off of it! 

Honored Contributor

LuLu2:  Yes, those loose fitting pettipants are the ones I'm thinking (of).  My older sisters were always hand washing them and hanging them high above the tub, on a shower curtain pole. Being that I was always copying them regarding just about every fashion, they were a favorite for me and also some of my friends.  I'm the one who would like to see them in style again.  Also, there were features on some brands where we could snip off a layer or two, for our desired length.  All of the styles were soft and silky nylon. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

What a difference a decade makes huh ladies?!
Being born in 1960 I missed the miniskirt heyday, I was too young, but I don't recall ever feeling that confident in my legs!