Honored Contributor

Re: If I were between 15 and 40, I would buy this but way too long in the tooth for it...but love it

@Rockycoast wrote:

please do not purchase this dress for a teen.  Ask first. IMO this is not a dress a teen would wear.  Way too much fabric and as a previous poster said  the print reminds me of Minnie Mouse.

@Rockycoast 

The poster who said that has shown a dress she bought on Amazon and I would never put on anything like that nor anyone I am associated with.  My granddaughter's parents and her boyfriend's parents, both belong to country clubs, different ones and they attend evening events where they dress in evening wear.  They don't wear what they wear to school for these social evening events.

Honored Contributor

Re: If I were between 15 and 40, I would buy this but way too long in the tooth for it...but love it

@KKWA wrote:

@Nonametoday I agree with you, this is a darling dress.  It would look great on your granddaughter.  HOWEVER, she would rather wear torn jeans and a black hoodie.Spend your money on yourself.  xoxo

@KKWA Not to a country club soire.  Her parents and her boyfriends' parents, in another city, belong to country clubs and they attend a lot of summer evening soires.  

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

please do not purchase this dress for a teen.  Ask first. IMO this is not a dress a teen would wear.  Way too much fabric and as a previous poster said  the print reminds me of Minnie Mouse.

@Rockycoast 

The poster who said that has shown a dress she bought on Amazon and I would never put on anything like that nor anyone I am associated with.  My granddaughter's parents and her boyfriend's parents, both belong to country clubs, different ones and they attend evening events where they dress in evening wear.  They don't wear what they wear to school for these social evening events.

My husband and I also belonged to a CC.  The dress you have shown is nothing I have seen a teen wear to dinner at the country club we were members of.  Have you been out to dinner at that CC?  Maybe that is what the teens wear in your area, not mine.  But please ask first. Get your grandaughter something else for her birthday surprise.  Ask first, if she likes the dress than you could purchase it for her.

Respected Contributor

My granddaughters are here, I showed them the dress. I got a resounding NO! Gosh NO! One of my granddaughters likes to dress up and wear dresses but this style doesn't appeal to her.

Honored Contributor

Apparently the Debbie Downers and naysayers here don't like the dress.  It is a very glamorous dress for an evening party. My granddaughter does not wear calico dresses in the evening.  She works in summers as a lifeguard at a very nice club and tans very well and would look darling in this dress and as far as having to hold it up, she has a bust line although she is very tall and thin.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday wrote:

My granddaughter is 16 and built like Katia.  I am not sure this dress would look right on her.  I will ask her mother.  If so, I think I am going to purchase it for her....

Thank you to the many who liked it.  It is a very stylish, glamorous dress for a young lady.  She is dating a young man who just finished his freshman year at university.  She will be 17 in June and will be going into her senior year HS this year.  Her boyfriend will be in his sophomore of college this autumn.  Whether or not they remain a couple remains to be seen but the girls she associates, I think, would like this dress as well.  As far as too much fabric, my mother both yards and yards and yards for my formal wear in high school and college. 

Respected Contributor

So now giving an honest opinion is being a debbie downer? Nobody said anything bad about your granddaughter you said yourself you werent sure about it so we gave our opinion. Perhaps we should lie?

Respected Contributor

adorable - cut the bow though. They don't wear that today. And make sure the teen or early 20's is no more than 125 pounds and over  5'9" at least with a little heel to make it pretty like Katia on QVC.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

adorable - cut the bow though. They don't wear that today. And make sure the teen or early 20's is no more than 125 pounds and over  5'9" at least with a little heel to make it pretty like Katia on QVC.  Smiley Happy

@Pink123 

Bows are very trendy for your girls and women this year.  They like the bows.  They make a fashion statement.  She is 5-9 or 5-10.  She won't wear heels more than an inch because her boyfriend is only about 5-11.

Honored Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

So now giving an honest opinion is being a debbie downer? Nobody said anything bad about your granddaughter you said yourself you werent sure about it so we gave our opinion. Perhaps we should lie?

@spumoni99 

Putting the dress down and saying it was not for a teenager or a young woman and it was too much fabric, it look like Minnie Mouse and every negative thing they could think of.  That's not a Debbie Downer?  Then what is it.