Respected Contributor

Re: IMAN - Summer Maxi Dress - 6/27 TS

Of those of you who have Iman's maxis: tell me about the fabric. Is it silky like liquid knit? Or does it feel more like the Women with Control blend, which to me is slightly rougher to the touch and clings more ?? Thanks 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I am having a hard time on sizing....I went for petite as I am 5' 4" and all the models are putting side ties in it.  Also it looked long on Marlo who is 5' 2" but I never heard her say the size she was wearing? Medium Petite I would guess??

I ordered XS and S in the coral floral not sure which size to cancel??  I hope one of the hosts that wears XS shows up later tonight and will reveal sizing.  That helps me know what to order and avoid a return.

Frequent Contributor

Marlo mentioned in the beginning of the presentation that she is wearing average length as they did not have a sample in petite length for her. That is why it's a bit long on her.
Frequent Contributor

There is a petite model wearing the teal and she is 5'3". She said she normally wears a size 6 and is wearing small. They have said many times order true to size.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm also second-guessing myself on the size I ordered!

This morning when the video presentation was host Debbie D, the vendor rep was "Kate" who used to model on HSN and who is now the "brand ambassador" for Iman. I think I remember that she said she was size 2 and was wearing the teal in XS. Debbie said she was size 1x and wearing that size in the blue floral. 

During the 4 p.m. presentation, Marlo said there weren't any petites for her to wear in her size, so she was wearing size Medium / Average length, which is why it was long on her. It looked rather snug on her in the bust and midsection, but it looked good.

They keep saying to order true-to-size because of the stretch, but I'm not so sure about that. The bust measurement seems skimpy to me in size Large. 

They've given us a lot of information in the different shows, but I'm having trouble processing it and coming up with the right size to order. 

Respected Contributor

The "brand ambassador" this morning kept referring to the different lengths as "inseams". 😳 geez Louise. You can be that dumb and still get a good job apparently. 

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

If you need/want a beautiful black maxi dress - highly recommended!  Some pretty prints too and 3 length options

Decent TS price $40. If you have a coupon, you can use it now before the item is tagged as a TS in a couple of hours.

It is advance order, estimated delivery July 8

I'm going to DVR the launch show. Enjoy the shows and happy shopping! 

Exclusive! IMAN Global Chic Flawless Knit Maxi Dress
751-382
IMAN Global Chic Flawless Knit Maxi Dress

@Chi-town girl  I love the blue floral and keep thinking I should order it, but I don't need another maxi since I've already ordered enough clothes for the season. I think I'll keep an eye on it in case it goes on sale. If it's meant to be, it'll be available later. Woman Happy I think it would be good for the 4th of July, but it's not shipping until later. 

For anyone wondering about the sizes, I'm 5'1" and about 117# and order the XS petite, and her past maxis have fit well. It's true to size. The length is also fine. The knot in front and the floral prints should hide any tummy issues. 

Honored Contributor

It's a cute dress but I have plenty of dresses that I don't wear now so it's not really a practical purchase for me.

I like the teal floral though. It's a unique color combination and very pretty

Trusted Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@mnmom wrote:

Cute dress!  Probably not flattering for my short, round-tummied self, though. 😃

I'm the same- but I think the prints might be good camouflage. And the waist details would help give us the illusion of a waist. Let's go for it!😊

Okay, I ordered it in a print.  Eeek!  Also ordered the upsale cardigan in white, which I really need. 

Esteemed Contributor

The dress gets longer as the size goes up.  They give you the length for a medium but it won't be the same for a large or an XL in petites.  I was lucky several years ago to get some petite dresses and shelled out the money to have them hemmed.  That's not cheap.

I've decided to look at regular midi dresses instead and save some money

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life