Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tuesday, June 29th)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Our predicted thunderstorms didn't materialize yesterday.  There is a chance again today, but so far it is just sunny and warm/hot.  I know it is quite hot in many parts of the country.  These temperatures (upper 90's) are actually below average for this area.  

On the positive side, I was able to go to the pool yesterday after my OLLI class, and it was very nice.  Saw my favorite pool buddy again.

After fighting the good fight, I decided to give up on some of my plants (herbs) that were not doing well.  It is difficult to keep them going in this heat.   Oh well....

Glad you enjoyed the fish fry and are enjoying the gym, Glenda.  Nice that you can get together with your friends again.

Jean is getting some much needed rest after missing a lot of sleep before and during her trip.  Hopefully, she will be refreshed and get back into a better sleep pattern.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tuesday, June 29th)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Linda - Thank you for starting us today.  Sorry about the plants, I bet it is hard to keep them going in your temperatures.  We are at 90 degrees right now, I have found out, the older I get the more I hate heat and humidity.  I am a Fall person for sure.  Glad you got to see your favorite swimming buddy.  You seem to take very interesting classes, wish I could do something like that here.

Jean - Glad to hear you had a good time on your vacation, hope you get rested and feel better soon.

We have had a busy time around here lately, the oldest grandson got married last weekend and it was very nice.  The weather was good and everyone had a good time.  We also have two parties to go to this weekend and I think I will be partied out for a few weeks.  We are trying to decide it we want to do our Labor Day party this year, it was cancelled last year so we may do it this year.  Still thinking about it.

Pennsylvania has dropped it mask mandate so everyone around here is very happy.  Many of the medical establishments still require you to wear one when you are there, and that is not a bad thing.  Unfortunately, some people are a little perturbed they need to wear on in these places.  I was at a doctors appointment with my mom yesterday and a guy was making a fuss about having to wear one ( of course he put it on and then tucked it under his chin).  I have seen children act better than some adults around here.  Okay off my soap box.

Well I do have a list of things to be done around here so I need to get moving.  I hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone1

The last jumbo tree is down and the tree guys are officially "done".  I can't tell you how elieved I am that it is completed. I kept holding my breath that another storm would not happen until this job was completed. The insurance adjuster visit is another story but that won't happen until mid July.

It is hot and humid today. We may start putting the outside back together with solar lights ,etc in the evenings or early morning because of the temps. I"m not quite sure what I'm doing to do with the space that the jumbo pine tree stood but I have hopes of a birdbath and "some other thing" over there.

I was able to watch a bit of Carolyn on the beauty show. I did start using the Lancer line and mixed it in with the Dr.Denese skincare line. I'm very happy with the results especially for my issues and sensitive skin. A little goes a long way which makes it more cost efficient for me.  I like the Beekman hand wash so I ordered the hand soap/lotion caddy special. I remember the last time I order 2 hand soaps from HSN it was $42. I find this lasts a long time and works 

Linda Latte----I've attempted the herb gardens in past years. I think they are "fussy" and can be delicate with the heat and the water. I've wonder if those indoor version with the light would produce better results. I've only had luck with mint and yarrow which is now growing wild under the holly. The deer seem to like to munch on it. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for startig the thread. I am sorry you have to give up on some of your plants. Thanks for conveying info about me.

I had doubts that I could handle the trip after the weeks of some ordeal. I just checked my weight at the beginning of January.I have lost 21 pounds since  then. Time will tell if I regain the weight lost during the trip.

I did watch part of QVC today which featured the Beekman produccts. Although great buys, I have too much of other brands to use up

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

The only herb that I have successfully grown indoors is basil.  I have two large pots of basil in my Arizona room.  They get lots of sun, and I monitor water.  But, that didn't work for oregano, parsley, etc., etc.  Those indoor gardens with the light seem like a good, if expensive option.

Esteemed Contributor

KomKat---I'm sorry that you're having health issues. I hope rest and  some medical care will get you back to normal in the weeks to come.