Respected Contributor

I laughed at myself after reading the fashion show thread

because it produced an Aha moment...I realized that I no longer care very much whether my "style" is on trend or whether I am even stylish. Mainly I'm content to be clean and clothed. Man, what a change from my younger days when I devoured the fashion mags and loved putting together the latest looks. My current mantra is simple comfort. 
I don't follow fashionistas on YouTube or anywhere. A pair of jeans or capris, an unfussy blouse in a bright color, or one of my many sports team shirts; flip flops or maybe a casual loafer. Might wear a maxi sundress to chuch. Actually I'm low maintenance in most things. I do like purses but even there, I'm only interested in simple, clean lines and functionality. Not designer stuff. 

It's an interesting season of life. 

Harmonize the World with Barbershop Music
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I laughed at myself after reading the fashion show thread

I'm the same way. Even when I was younger and throughout my working life I always had jobs where I could wear jeans and a tee shirt on a daily basis. So I never was into fashion. So I didn't have to spend lots of money on clothes to keep up with others. I don't even own a dress or skirt or heels. I still like nice purses but that's it. My makeup is simple too. 

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I'm the same way. Even when I was younger and throughout my working life I always had jobs where I could wear jeans and a tee shirt on a daily basis. So I never was into fashion. So I didn't have to spend lots of money on clothes to keep up with others. I don't even own a dress or skirt or heels. I still like nice purses but that's it. My makeup is simple too. 

Yes! My career was RN so I had to wear uniforms. And when I spoke of how  I used to enjoy putting looks together, it wasn't high fashion or anything like that. And same with my makeup routine. 

Honored Contributor

Oh I'm completely different. I LOVE being a girl! I love watching fashions and love, love shopping for clothes! I could never dress drab. Even in jeans I'm dressed up somehow. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother Yesterday,when I was young. Loved your post and we just listening to that tune by Roy Clark.

I ain't fraid of no ghosts.
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

I'm with you. I donated all my suits and work clothes to a women's shelter a year after I retired. I kept a couple pair of nice slacks and tops just in case. I put makeup on 1 time since I retired.

Give me straight leg yoga pants, jeans, crops/shorts, and t-shirts and I'm good. I wear Lands End Starfish pants most of the winter since they are a little heavier. 

Comfort is more important than style. And I don't care one bit what people think.

I love your tag name!  I'm also a fairy dogmother. 

Respected Contributor

Hi & I am with you @fairydogmother 

I love the stage of life I am in.  I do what works for me.  No malice or judgment to others doing what they do--- it's so simple, why did it take me so long?  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I never followed fashion magazines or runways. Why would I have to?

I'm only sorry that someone (can be anybody!) hooks onto a theme or fashion statement, and every designer gets on the bandwagon, and then they tell society that's it!

However, in this warm weather, I'm glad the flappers back then had the right idea about those ankle length dresses.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

I'm with you. I donated all my suits and work clothes to a women's shelter a year after I retired. I kept a couple pair of nice slacks and tops just in case. I put makeup on 1 time since I retired.

Give me straight leg yoga pants, jeans, crops/shorts, and t-shirts and I'm good. I wear Lands End Starfish pants most of the winter since they are a little heavier. 

Comfort is more important than style. And I don't care one bit what people think.

I love your tag name!  I'm also a fairy dogmother. 

we have two little doggies and one kitty cat. He is the newest member of our fam, a year ago this week I picked his cute lil kitten self from the many contenders at the shelter

Respected Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

Hi & I am with you @fairydogmother 

I love the stage of life I am in.  I do what works for me.  No malice or judgment to others doing what they do--- it's so simple, why did it take me so long?  LOL

you express this so perfectly 🥰