Respected Contributor

Re: I laughed at myself after reading the fashion show thread

@ID2 wrote:

Oh I'm completely different. I LOVE being a girl! I love watching fashions and love, love shopping for clothes! I could never dress drab. Even in jeans I'm dressed up somehow. Heart

I appreciate what you're saying. I also love being a girl, just not the fashion obsessed part. Do I dress drab? Maybe compared to people who dress flashy. My step daughter is 43, she would likely say I dress boring. Haha. She wears a lot of revealing clothes, tight spandex, gaudy glitzy accessories. That's her signature style and she seems  quite confident. I like bright colors and classic jewelry. It's fun to hear everyone's perspective 🥰 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

And this: 

in high school didn't we all have that that one friend in our group who showed up dressed nicer than everyone else, after we had all agreed to "wear grubs" or whatever your particular phrase. Lol. Our girl was Kathy. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

I don't buy and wear every trend that comes around like when I was younger, but I am still interested in trends and styles each season. I've always loved fashion so I like seeing what's "new", which at my age is usually something I've worn in the past.🤔  If the trend is a color or style I like, then great; if not I have plenty of things to choose from in my closet. 

I still love putting outfits together, whether they are casual or dressy. Even though I'm retired I still like to dress up for church and other occasions. I kept some of my nicer work related separates too. I probably dress up more than the average person these days, but that's just my style. 

Esteemed Contributor

I buy for color and style that looks good on me. I am totally aware of my height, my shape and size. I buy rather cheaply since I have a large collection and don't feel breaking the bank makes an sense. 

I am retired but I do leave my house and when I go out I want to look put together and in style. 

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother I love your nickname and I feel the same way about dressing. When we were in the office all the time, I did the whole suit and heels thing. I am very glad that these days "dressed up" means a nice pair of slacks and a shirt. 

When I'm working from home, I can wear sweat pants or jeans and I usually wear a nice shirt in case I have to be on camera. 

Wishing you well with your new addition to the family and your sweet doggies too.

Respected Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@fairydogmother I love your nickname and I feel the same way about dressing. When we were in the office all the time, I did the whole suit and heels thing. I am very glad that these days "dressed up" means a nice pair of slacks and a shirt. 

When I'm working from home, I can wear sweat pants or jeans and I usually wear a nice shirt in case I have to be on camera. 

Wishing you well with your new addition to the family and your sweet doggies too.

aw thanks Gina 🥰

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

I was never into fashion trends. I wore various styles of clothes throughout my life, not caring if they were in style or not. My clothes were always clean, not wrinkled and comfortable. 

I mostly wear jeans, sweaters, t-shirts, blouses, camis with toppers. I have gold sneakers, Skechers flats and boots. I haven't worn a dress in years. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I so agree!! I am bored to tears with the fashion shows, magazines, anymore. Never in my life have I ever said that I don't need any new clothes!!! I have so much more than enough in fact. Am 69 now---but still have a thing for shoes----Woman Tongue

Trusted Contributor

I love clothes and love to shop for clothes but I always wear what looks best on me and never pay much attention to fashion trends!Woman Wink