Occasional Contributor

Re: I can't stop crying.................

On 9/6/2014 champagnepoodle said:
On 9/6/2014 Danky said: JERRY LEE......this is being said with kindness. If you "feel like you have lost a family member" and "can't stop crying" you are way to invested in a fantasy relationship with a stranger. That really is not healthy for you in your REAL life. Perhaps you should talk to a professional who can help you find a different focus. Take care of yourself.

I so agree! There is too many Joan threads that I am truly worried for some posters. Now that is sad.

I shouldn't waste my breath on these idiotic comments but let me just say that all these threads are a testament to how well loved Joan was and how she truly touched the lives of so many in large part because of her exposure on QVC. She was virtually in your living room several times a week over a period of twenty years and yes, many of us became very fond of her and will miss her presence and are very sad and upset that not only did she pass away but she did so under questionable circumstances. It's called love and compassion and if you are having difficulty understanding these emotions, than I am truly concerned for you because that is REALLY sad.

Honored Contributor

I do hope her death is investigated because she was in excellent health. I will miss her too. I love her comedy. I have been a fan for over 40 years so it does feel like you lost a close friend. I bet Melissa could not believe how many people loved her mother. Yes, we will truly miss you, Joan. Rest in Peace but make them laugh in heaven!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Because of modern TV and technology, we are able to have these special people right in our homes, sometimes even talking with them on the phone. There are many people/whatever that we haven't actually met or seen in person, yet sometimes we have a special connection with them. Maybe similar viewpoints, etc. Also, think of the people who are homebound, aren't able to attend church or other services, and they do have a special spiritual connection with, say, a particular pastor or mass services that are shown on TV. Re: Joan's QVC appearances.......we were able to see a real person, her genuine personality........which was somewhat different than her various comedy stand-up shows, etc. So becoming attached to Joan isn't really something that should be worrisome at all, IMO.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Frequent Contributor

I feel the same way. I loved watching her shows just to laugh. It was like a free comedy hour. In addition to Q, I watched her on Fashion Police, watched Joan Knows Best, read her books, etc. It does feel like a loved one has passed and I agree due to the circumstances it feels like a senseless tragedy vs. just inevitable old age. She seemed to have so much left to give! I also feel heart broken for Melissa and Cooper. As I am VERY close to my mother who is 76 it really hit me hard and I feel so badly for them. Anyway, just know you are not alone in your feelings and grief!
Super Contributor

On 9/6/2014 KatCat1 said:

I do hope her death is investigated because she was in excellent health. I will miss her too. I love her comedy. I have been a fan for over 40 years so it does feel like you lost a close friend. I bet Melissa could not believe how many people loved her mother. Yes, we will truly miss you, Joan. Rest in Peace but make them laugh in heaven!

Actually, she was not in the best of health. The investigation is rather a routine one. Unfortunately these things do happen and luckily Joan lived a full and long life. Of course, she will be missed!

Respected Contributor

On 9/6/2014 champagnepoodle said:
On 9/6/2014 Danky said: JERRY LEE......this is being said with kindness. If you "feel like you have lost a family member" and "can't stop crying" you are way to invested in a fantasy relationship with a stranger. That really is not healthy for you in your REAL life. Perhaps you should talk to a professional who can help you find a different focus. Take care of yourself.

I so agree! There is too many Joan threads that I am truly worried for some posters. Now that is sad.

I absolutely agree with both of you. What few are considering is that Joan had a growth (or growths) that was inhibiting her speech. She needed this procedure to find the cause so she could continue her shows as well as her QVC appearances. As it happened she passed quickly and without pain. Let's suppose for a moment that those lesions were malignant. She might have lived another few months, but no doubt in unbearable pain and unable to work. None of us would have wished that for her. It was her time, and thankfully she went peacefully and without pain. We should all be so lucky.

And Jerry Lee, I can only add Amens to Danky's remarks. Perhaps you live alone and have no one to talk with, but please try to find someone and get yourself together. Getting this emotional over a persona from television is not healthy. Danky's words that you are "too invested in a fantasy relationship with a stranger" are very well said. Please try to take care of yourself and ease your emotional involvement. Joan wouldn't want it. She wanted us to laugh.

Contributor

I do agree with those saying taht we need to wait until the investigation is complete. I will comment that I did read an articel on-line yesterday that stated that many doctors throughout the Country are coming to the defense of this clinic that Joan had her procedure done at stating that it is very highly rated. I think we all want to blame someone at this point but it might truly be that it was Joan's time to go, whether she was sitting at home or having a procedure done. I do know that I will truly miss seeing her on QVC. She was definately a one of a kind.

Esteemed Contributor

There are many lonely people in the world for one reason or another. If a viewer takes solace or comfort from the people on the Q, there is no reason to judge or criticize them.

Honored Contributor

Joan was energetic on stage, but I am sure she had her moments. She did suffer from osteoporosis and took a lot of meds for that. She fractured her hip a while back, and this is how she found out. She has stated she takes medicine for it. She also had a heart arrhythmia. This is why she was so careful with anesthetics. She had stated this on a Larry King show. So this is not gossip. I heard it from Joan.LOL! She also stated she was a horrible eater, she hated food that was good for her. She tried, but was really lax in that department. She preferred junk type food. Not that this had anything to do with anything.

She was not totally without health issues. osteoporosis medication does not come without side effects as well. As far as her being 81, I should be so lucky. 81 is not that old at all by today's standards. But people do have some issues. Joan just never showed people the other side. it was not her thing.