Super Contributor

So while our thoughts and prayers are focused on Joan...

let's reminisce about some of the nicer moments. What do you lovingly recall about her? What are some of the purchases you made from her? I recall how she and Kathy Levine kept me in stitches every time they were on air together. I always looked forward to her appearances. My purchases from her collections included two watches (I think I will need to dig them out and start wearing them again. They are...timeless). I also have a lorgnette that was especially designed for an anniversary show. (I don't remember what the anniversary was, but it is inscribed. I will need to pull it out as well. Always thought it was such a treasure). And then, of course there were the cherries. (I purchased a pretty little clip-on thing that was designed to throw on the hardware of our purses...still use it, still love it). I think Joan used to say something about life being a bowl of cherries, didn't she? And of course there were her many beauty products. She brought us a lovely fragrance, but I don't remember the name of it any longer. What do you lovingly recall of her?
Trusted Contributor

Re: So while our thoughts and prayers are focused on Joan...

I have two evil eye bracelets (they are so well made). I always get comments on them. People think I got them at a high end store. I have the sunflower bee pin as I collect anything related to sunflowers. My first purchase on QVC was Joan's set of 7 faux gemstone leverback earrings.

I also use Joan's Great Hair Day product. I have a few gray hairs coming in (I'm in my early 50's) and it covers them completely. I love how it helps when I wear my hair in a ponytail or up, that it covers my scalp when it peeks through. I also LOVE her eyebrow powder, it's the best I've ever used (and I've tried them all).

I love her jackets and am always tempted to buy something from her clothes line too.

Benzgirl.. I love that quote you have... so touching... so beautiful! Thanks for sharing it!

Super Contributor

Thank you, MJ Fan. I remember that she was on Q just a few weeks ago. I'm glad that I took the time to stop mid-day and watch her presentations. She was selling a scarf that really caught my eye. My goodness. She has been part of our lives for so long! I can't imagine...never mind. Don't even want to think it. Smiley Sad
Trusted Contributor

I recall going through a rough patch about 20 years ago...divorce, no $$$, launching a career (thank God I had my education!!) and seeing Joan present her turtle pin--pave crystals on the body and green crystal eyes...she said: "Like a turtle...make steady, slow steps and eventually you'll get where you're going..." That pin has accompanied me past adversity into the success I enjoy today and has garnered so many compliments from those I'm sure who think it's diamond encrusted with emerald eyes (who cares what people think!!). I always tell the story, especially to the youngsters who remark on why I wear the pin.

I also love the interchangeable earrings that I still wear all the time and a bracelet with crystal end caps and a gold-tone twisted design that is simply stunning.

I think I took her influence on me for granted before this incident happened...

Super Contributor

I remember that little pin, pdlinda! Bet you are so happy to own it. Didn't she have a little bear pin with movable arms and legs? I thought I had purchased it, but haven't seen it in years...maybe it wasn't hers.
Super Contributor

On 8/30/2014 pdlinda said:

I recall going through a rough patch about 20 years ago...divorce, no $$$, launching a career (thank God I had my education!!) and seeing Joan present her turtle pin--pave crystals on the body and green crystal eyes...she said: "Like a turtle...make steady, slow steps and eventually you'll get where you're going..." That pin has accompanied me past adversity into the success I enjoy today and has garnered so many compliments from those I'm sure who think it's diamond encrusted with emerald eyes (who cares what people think!!). I always tell the story, especially to the youngsters who remark on why I wear the pin.

I also love the interchangeable earrings that I still wear all the time and a bracelet with crystal end caps and a gold-tone twisted design that is simply stunning.

I think I took her influence on me for granted before this incident happened...

I love that pin! I wish I had one like that one.

Respected Contributor

Great topic! I love Joan. I have purchased, worn and collected so many of her products over these years she has been on QVC. I love watching when she is on waiting to hear a remark she says about something funny on the air. I hope she fully recovers soon. She is amazing at 81 so full of energy and she is such a workaholic. I could not imagine the world without her in it. I am praying for her! She always looks so put together when she dresses. I have her jewelry pieces: about 10 bee pins, many earrings (birthstone heart pave lever back dangle earrings are my favorite, in many colors), bracelets, countless watches, necklaces, etc. I still wear them as they are timeless pieces and still look new! I used to buy her fabulous mint foot cream, her nail polishes and lipsticks. Sadly she no longer makes them. I buy her jackets and have worn them for years now. She is fashion forward and I love her designs. I have loved watching her since I was a child. She is real and so funny. I remember watching her at the red carpet events interviewing celebrities and making fun of them. I watched her reality show with Melissa and Cooper and of course Fashion Police!
Esteemed Contributor

I remember w/ great fondness watching Joan and Kathy Levine some 25 years or so ago. I bought a few of her jewelry items back then...mainly her pearl items...necklaces, bracelets and earrings.

I wish her and her family well thru these difficult moments. Been there and it's not easy at all.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

The first things I bought from Joan were two watches and a necklace, many many years ago! Most likely also when Kathy Levine was still there - I used to love her.

The watches were two strips of leather (probably not real) woven together like a braid with interwoven gold links - one in black/gold and one in off-white/gold. I bought a necklace to match the white one...I loved those pieces and in fact, still have them. I haven't worn the watches in years, but I probably should get new batteries and see if they work. I know I wore the necklace before I retired...it looked so good with a particular sweater that I wore to work on occasion - probably 6 or 7 years ago, and it was still fashionable. I guess good fashion and well made jewelry just seems to last forever....like Joan! She was always funny in one way or another on her shows, past and more recent...ever the comedian!

Respected Contributor

i adore my egg necklace, my victorian flower necklace and have recently resurrected my gold link necklace with black leather woven through it. these are from years ago and have stood the test of time. i have some beautiful things thanks to her - and some that got away. still think about that beautiful hummingbird that i didn't lunge for. i don't think anything will surpass the duo of Kathy L and Joan - they were just simpatico. and now i am hoping for new memories once we get a bit of a miracle here.