Trusted Contributor

Re: How's This For Pattern Mixing?

[ Edited ]

I get her blog in my mailbox every day.  I opened this one yesterday and just couldn't believe it.  This is just a horrible combination.  I've thought lately (past three or so months) that she has looked awful in the clothing she has chosen with a couple of exceptions (a few days).  The pieces often don't look to me as though they really go together, her skirts are too short and the clothing looks too large and too often wrinkled.  I was thinking I should perhaps opt out for receiving them.  And, yes, she is a very attractive woman.

ETA:  I've come back on the 20th to say that she looks absolutely gorgeous today in the photos on the blog.  The clothes and accessories look perfect, fit well, and everything goes together including the shoes.

Respected Contributor

I think mixing patterns requires an artistic eye for which colors and shapes complement each other. I have seen mixed patterns that I liked, but I could never do it myself.

Honored Contributor

To me it screams "I didn't do the laundry this week."

Super Contributor

I happen to like it! The colors go together.  Her whole look is eclectic.   I wear a similar look with navy blue, coral and a cream paisley top and  a navy blue and cream printed skirt.  Whenever I  I wear it I get tons of compliments.  This lady once  stopped me in the streets and asked where did I get the dress! What I don't like is the bag.  

Respected Contributor

No, just no.

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

It looks like she's trying too hard. IMHO only

Respected Contributor

I do not like it. I have never liked it. I am never going to like it.

Honored Contributor

I think she's on her way to work as a circus clown.

Trusted Contributor

@tansy wrote:

She’s so pretty but many of her clothing choices are not flattering.

Mixed patterns make me dizzy.....

Respected Contributor

Pretty lady but I will never get into pattern mixing.  It makes no sense to me.  It looks like someone got dressed in the dark and just pulled two items off the hangers and threw them on.  I'm of the opinion (and always will be) that if you have a pattern on top, wear a solid on bottom.  Pattern on bottom, wear a solid on top.  Never put two prints together.  Makes me want to hurl when I see anyone wearing mixed patterns.  Thank you, Logo lady, for saying "everything works with everything" and encouraging people to put disgusting outfits together.  It is not a good look in my opinion and yes, I'm entitled to my opinion.