Occasional Contributor

How do you store your LOGO tops?

How do you store your LOGO tops? Is it safe to hang them in your closet or will that cause them to stretch out? Am I better off folding them? What do you do?

Super Contributor

Re: How do you store your LOGO tops?

I hang them, except I fold this one:

LOGO by Lori Goldstein Cotton Cashmere Asymmetrical Hem Sweater - A234534

Occasional Contributor

Thank you susan_ca. So, you've never had any issues (stretching out) due to hanging them? And why the exception as to folding this one? (Just curious). I'm new to the LOGO line & I want to make sure I care for them properly. Thanks!

Super Contributor

I have no issues at all hanging them. The reason I fold that cashmere/cotton piece is because it's LOOOONNNGGGG. I had my closet custom-built to the exact specification, and this piece is too long. I do have dresses section of the closet, but this is not a dress.... plus, I don't wear it all that often. Smiley Surprised)

ETA:

I wash them in the machine COLD or WARM, but dry on a chair or on something ..... not in the dryer.

Valued Contributor

Days,

On Lori Goldstein's website, she was asked the same question. With regard to tops/sweaters with rayon/span (stretchy fabric), she mentioned hanging those types would be prudent to "hang," but did not give a definitive answer.

I fold with tissue & place in drawer my "heavier" pieces (i.e., cardigans), but LOGO's tees, and her cotton/modal ~~ I do not. Some ladies "hang to dry" ~~ for me, I think this would cause rayon/span to stretch slightly over time. Laying flat is how I dry mine (on a mesh-type drying rack for sweaters). Mine look brand new!

Trusted Contributor

I'm not very nice with my LOGO tops and sweaters!

I wash in warm, dry completely on medium-high heat and hang every last one of them on a huggable hanger.

So far so good. Some of my 3 year old pieces don't look any different than the newer ones.

Maybe they like the abuse! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

I don't have any of the sweaters, just the tops and leggings.

Someone (sorry, I forget who, but thank you to whomever you are!) on a prior thread recommended hanging the tops inside out, which works brilliantly. I use the JM Huggagle hangers.

Care:

I wash in cold, use a non detergent laundry soda (Nellie's) on the gentle cycle and only use the dryer on low for a few minutes then hang (inside out) to finish drying.

Regular Contributor

On 2/20/2014 Daysgoby said:

How do you store your LOGO tops? Is it safe to hang them in your closet or will that cause them to stretch out? Am I better off folding them? What do you do?

Thanks for the question, and perfect timing, too! I was just coming to post this exact question as I now have a couple LOGO items that I want to last.... Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I hang them. I'm not too concerned about them stretching.

Super Contributor

I hang them. I've tried folding them, but they get wrinkled. I find that hanging them works well. I don't have a problem with them stretching out.