Respected Contributor

How Do You Like the New Embroidered Apparel Trend?

I recently purchased a pair of floral embroidered sneakers, and after unsuccessfully searching online for embroidered jeans a couple weeks ago I bought a pair of the DG2 embroidered jeans today. For me when embroidery is done right, it's a welcome pretty addition to my wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

Re: How Do You Like the New Embroidered Apparel Trend?

@Desert Lily wrote:

I recently purchased a pair of floral embroidered sneakers, and after unsuccessfully searching online for embroidered jeans a couple weeks ago I bought a pair of the DG2 embroidered jeans today. For me when embroidery is done right, it's a welcome pretty addition to my wardrobe.

I agree, I think those new jeans by DG2 are very cute.  Hope you like yours. 

Honored Contributor

I wasn't aware this was a trend but I just took a look at HSN's homepage. I like them, particularly the third pair from the left. The darker ones with the embroidery down the full length of the leg. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure that there is an embroidered clothing trend.  Granted the Spring fashion mags haven't come out yet but I haven't seen anything abour embroidery or heard anything about.  I know DG has a tsv, I'm looking at it now.  There's one pair that is a medium blue with subtle black embroidery on the ankle and at the hip.  I'd wear those and the black tonal ones but not any of the others.  The others are too overdone for me.  But I am not buying them.  It's the middle of winter now, we're in the midst of blizzard at this very  moment.  Too early for me to even think about spring clothes. 

Honored Contributor

I was thinking as I was watching the DG2 shows and Diane kept saying this never goes out of style that I have never seen this out in the market place or online.

I did a quick check of Macys and Nordstrom and they do have embroidered jeans.

There is a pair of Stella McCartney for $1100 that are clearly for a limited body type (and wallet).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I have always loved embroidered things.  In fact, I have embroidered since I was about six years old.  I make plain sweatshirts unique and feminine and one of a kind for myself. I use floss and satin ribbon and if I am in a good mood, I do smocking too.

I have never tried DG jeans and I don't think they would fit me.  I am not built straight up and down.  My waist is small and my hips and butt are much bigger.... think Jennifer Lopez.  I am difficult to fit and I am short.. only 5'1.

I think her jeans are cute and I'd wear them if I could.

Esteemed Contributor

Snowed in today - only watch football when it's the Pats.  Ordered the DG2 chambray and indigo (already on extended) - guess I can blame it on the weatherWoman Wink.

Honored Contributor

Hate to say it, but I do not like embroidery on any adult clothing. But since I'm not the one buying, go for what you like.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Embroidered clothing & accessories is trending. I like it, but very selectively.

Rec'd email from Neiman Marcus today promoting the new Johnny Was collection. Embroidery is featured.

Heart the embroidered camo hoodie Heart

01_07_17_EMAIL_Johnny_Was_Resort_01.jpg

01_07_17_EMAIL_Johnny_Was_Resort_02.jpg

01_07_17_EMAIL_Johnny_Was_Resort_03.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I'd never wear embroidered pants ... but tops, coats and jackets are great.  They've been around for a while ... I've had some of them for years.