Respected Contributor
Kim looks like a size 14 to me. Many people assume larger people are much bigger than they actually are when the case is, two people could wear the same size and look totally different due to height and proportion.
Contributor

@SadiesadieI'm exactly like you. I'm a vanity size 4 (sometimes a 2 in skirts) at B and M stores. Often times I'm an xs at the Q, which is crazy because I am a 36C with broad shoulders. However, I remember as a teenager and a young adult, I was always an 8, and I weigh the same now as I did then. My shape hasn't changed that much either. I really don't care what size the tag says as long as it fits me well and is flattering.

The hosts always tell us how tall the models are and what size they are wearing. I always thought their height was irrelevant. Now if they told us how much they weigh and what size they are wearing it would probably be more helpful.

Super Contributor
I find the smaller thinner hosts are always saying that the small is too big and they are extra extra small, but the larger hosts I feel are squeezing into one size smaller then they are and also the larger models and the garment looks too tight or is pulling on them. Leah Williams never use to say what size she is wearing but now that she lost weight she has no problem telling her size now. I never would go by what size the models or hosts are wearing, because they always look like they are in the wrong size......
Honored Contributor

@dancing 522queen wrote:
I find the smaller thinner hosts are always saying that the small is too big and they are extra extra small, but the larger hosts I feel are squeezing into one size smaller then they are and also the larger models and the garment looks too tight or is pulling on them. Leah Williams never use to say what size she is wearing but now that she lost weight she has no problem telling her size now. I never would go by what size the models or hosts are wearing, because they always look like they are in the wrong size......

@dancing 522queen, nothing unusual about that. More power to her.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@dancing 522queen  I've heard Leah say her size alot of times when she was larger. You probably missed it.  

I agree most of the hosts wear the clothing so extremely tight it's hard to tell what size to order.  Jeans are plastered on like tights,jackets that can't be closed nor driven in. I could probably squeeze into a small and look just as bad as they do.😁

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Frequent Contributor

As a general rule I think most of the hosts and models are wearing clothing that is too small.  I wont name names here, but there are quite a few that could size up and sell more because they look better in a size larger.

Respected Contributor

I find the mixture  of sizing 'talk' reflects people (females) in real life situations. I have only heard males if discussing sizes at all the items are Extra,extra large ! Smiley Happy

Since I shop QVC a lot I like to pick a model or host that seems similar to me and pay a bit of attention to that. This is especially true of lengths on tunics , dresses and pedal pushers. Of course the surest is to check size charts & measurements of garments. I do  at times hear a host state thier size (?) and think really --ok Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Old thread.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

In this big world of catastrophes and disasters, this is what concerns you?

@Kachina624 You know we are free to discuss anything that does not violate the forum standards.  The OP is just venting a frustration that I am sure others share.  No need to shame her for not being overwhelmed by the "big picture," over which she has no control.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I have many clothes from QVC.   Most of them are L, but depending on the style, I also order a fair share of M and they all fit fine.

I know Carolyn says she is a large.  Frankly I think her clothes are often too tight on her. I am shaped differently than she is and I find it hard to believe that we are the same size.  

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead