Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you made any purchase today?

[ Edited ]

I have not bought any clothing this week, but I have been on a spree at Ulta.  The current 21 Days of beauty features several products that I use and some new things that I'd like to try.  So far I've purchased Elemis Resurfacing Peel Pads, Clinique Even Better Concealer, Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara (regular and waterproof), Elemis Resurfacing Face Wash, Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner (Caviar and Sepia), Estee Lauder Futurist Foundation (rich caramel-5W2), Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion(anti-aging).  Coming up Sunday is Anastasia's incredible DipBrow.  These are half-price deals.

EL's Futurist is one of the products that I had not tried and it's excellent. Sheer coverage, but it lasted all day. I chose the same shade as I take in DoubleWear and it's perfect. 

Clinique's Even Better Concealer is another new one for me and I like it. The coverage was enough to actually cover something without the product being thick and running the risk of turning cakey looking during wear time.  I ordered the color Golden and it was the right choice.  I was guessing based on what I've seen browsing in stores because I do not use any other Clinique foundations or concealers. 

I have not used the Elemis Peel Pads yet. 

The other items that I have purchased or plan to are products that rate 4 to 5 stars in my world. 

One more thing of note to mention is that the orders were shipped to my home and I have received EVERYTHING in less than a week. 

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday 

I am sorry you are not feeling well. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Thank you for trying to post the jeans.  Glad to know I am not the only one that cannot post it!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday I hit the other half of my thrift stores.

I purchased a pair of blue twill Ann Taylor jeans- $7.00

A vintage Coach logo crossbody bag with leather trim in excellent condition- $15.00

A soy candle that smells amazing purchased from the new female owner of the company:$14.00. This was not a Need or a bargain, but I am a fool for a good candle.

All in, not much damage done to the pocketbook.

Thrift shopping done. Tomorrow I have to pick up wine that was ordered on sale for DS's birthday next month.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday : I am with you on the bags. I have too many, but I love and use most all of them. I am going to consign at least one vintage mini Kate Spade bag next week. 

Also like you, I have purchased 3 (yes, three!) Patricia Nash bags this week alone: two from Marshalls and one from thrift. Cost for all 3, all new, was $100.00 less than one new Rienzo satchel at QVC and Dillards.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trix wrote:

I have not bought any clothing this week, but I have been on a spree at Ulta.  The current 21 Days of beauty features several products that I use and some new things that I'd like to try.  So far I've purchased Elemis Resurfacing Peel Pads, Clinique Even Better Concealer, Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara (regular and waterproof), Elemis Resurfacing Face Wash, Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner (Caviar and Sepia), Estee Lauder Futurist Foundation (rich caramel-5W2), Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion(anti-aging).  Coming up Sunday is Anastasia's incredible DipBrow.  These are half-price deals.

EL's Futurist is one of the products that I had not tried and it's excellent. Sheer coverage, but it lasted all day. I chose the same shade as I take in DoubleWear and it's perfect. 

Clinique's Even Better Concealer is another new one for me and I like it. The coverage was enough to actually cover something without the product being thick and running the risk of turning cakey looking during wear time.  I ordered the color and it was the right choice.  I was guessing based on what I've seen browsing in stores because I do not use any other Clinique foundations or concealers. 

I have not used the Elemis Peel Pads yet. 

The other items that I have purchased or plan to are products that rate 4 to 5 stars in my world. 

One more thing of note to mention is that the orders were shipped to my home and I have received EVERYTHING in less than a week. 

@Trix 

I wear the yellow foundation and powder from Clinique because it does a better job for me than any other without caking up and it would be easy to "cake up" on my skin because of the "butterfly of autoimmune disease."  I have gone from Lancome to Clinique for the reasons you state.  I was using Lancome Big Monsieur and still use Lancome mascara and eye-makeup remover.  Those are the best things Lancome does, IMHO.  I wear the white followed by the black (it comes sa a together deal) from Lancome.  I have very long and thick eyelashes for my age but they have turned grayish.  I found that Big Monsieur was beginning to make me look like I was trying too hard so switched.  I use some Olay products too and I LOVE Stila eyeliner, MAC lipsticks Ruby Woo and Russian Red and very inexpensive Maybelline lipliners.

Esteemed Contributor

Saturday is yard sale day. Went to a neighborhood sale this morning; 40 homes. It became a zoo- narrow streets, tons of cars and people. It became an accident waiting to happen and not really worth the effort, so I left, but not before buying:

2 large clear plastic storage bins. I cleaned out my closets yesterday and needed at least 2 more bins.

A beautiful large, colorful parrot puppet for the kids to enjoy and a clear glass vase . I just used my vase of the same shape & size to present flowers as a gift to DIL on her new job this week.

Total spend: $11.00. 

Esteemed Contributor

Kind of obsessed with piano wire stretch necklaces. Added another to my small collection today. A shorter style, different and very wearable- worth a bit of a spurge.

Trusted Contributor

There's very few places to shop where I live. I live in a small southern town and any business has a hard time thriving.
That being said, thrift stores, second hand shops and garage sales are the norm and do well.
In the next town over, my mother and I visited an old 1900's schoolhouse ( incidentally, she attended HIGH SCHOOL there).
A group if industrious ladies are using it to house donated garage sale items - anything that is donated -.
The proceeds help the hungry and homeless shelters, the local churches to give services to the community, etc
I bought a FANTASTIC Gonder ebony green drip glaze ewer for $20 valued at $75 circa 1941-45
A Chicos no iron bd shirt for $3
A hand sewn set of three Christmas ornaments for my tree. I'm a sucker for handmade, hand stitched Christmas ornaments. The wear on the quilting pieces can't be duplicated and the stitching is so charming. My entire tree consists of handmade, vintage ornaments.
I'll take several hours of that kind of shopping over watching several hours of QVC's inflated pricing any day.
Now I'm not bashing anyone who does that. It's just not for me for several reasons. I do hope that everyone who likes to do that has fun. Everyone is different and there's nothing wrong with it.
I'm not on a soapbox; I just wanted to clarify before someone jumps on me. A lot of people take things so personally.

So enjoy all purchases ladies!!
Fyi, I sweated my bohunkus off in that old school house but enjoyed every minute ❤️

Trusted Contributor

@Trix and @namealreadytaken

Please help me
I'm not having any luck anymore with concealer. I'm still using the same IT concealer and L'Oreal concealer. No matter how well I moisturize before application, in no time my under eye area either looks cakey or dry with concealer setting in the lines and completely faded. It really ages me and is the bane of my existence right now trying to figure out what to do about it.
Should I try the Clinique concealer you mentioned??
Ty

Honored Contributor

I got the shacket.  The green & blue one. I don't own any, so I decided to get them.  Denim & Co is not my favorite. But if this so called canyon line is new and not so...yeah the way Denim & Co has deteriorating.