Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Looked At Soft Surroundings Recently?

@ECBG wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

I just got another catalog from them.  Several things I like, but they are pricey.  What is their quality like?  Maybe I will splurge Smiley Happy

@Patriot3 

This store is hard to gauge quality.  The polyester is polyester of course.  Some clothing is nice enough.  Their colors and findings (buttons, zippers, ect) are nice.

They have a pretty color palette. 

You don't pay SH if you call through the store and order.

When you pick up your order, there is a 20% off coupon for something else.

Nice special home items like candles, perfume.

I interviewed there but didn't go.  I can't tolerate jazz playing all day!  Beautiful store, though.

me too! that soundtrack they use in the store, for which demographic 90 year olds?  

it's a well-merchandised store but not much appeals to me 

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

I just got another catalog from them.  Several things I like, but they are pricey.  What is their quality like?  Maybe I will splurge Smiley Happy

@Patriot3 

This store is hard to gauge quality.  The polyester is polyester of course.  Some clothing is nice enough.  Their colors and findings (buttons, zippers, ect) are nice.

They have a pretty color palette. 

You don't pay SH if you call through the store and order.

When you pick up your order, there is a 20% off coupon for something else.

Nice special home items like candles, perfume.

I interviewed there but didn't go.  I can't tolerate jazz playing all day!  Beautiful store, though.

@ECBGThanks for the info.  There aren't any stores within 100 miles of me.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a cream colored shirt from Soft Surroundings a couple months ago. The material is a gauze linen type and is very nice. Normally their prices are high, but I found this one on sale. The buttons are different styles, which makes the shirt unique IMO. 

I would order again if I find another sale going on. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

I had just made my first purchase a few weeks back. I purchased  it on line and picked up at the store.  I was on a lunch break and didn't have time to browse around. My skirt I bought is a keeper, it's exactly like shown on line and very good quality. 

EEB6991E-BDF5-43A2-8C2E-CE53FDCE3A3A.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a top that was about half price last spring/summer. It was advertised on facebook. I wasn't impressed with it and it was slightly different from what was pictured. I now get catalogs but nothing has really grabbed my attention.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown