Respected Contributor

Easy pass for me...

Esteemed Contributor

The pictures shown of dresses with high low hems were not bad at all.  Not my style but not bad.  However the TSV just looks like a baggy, misshapen mess.

Respected Contributor

Probably why it's a TSV.  Halston knows it's no longer in style and trying to unload stock.  A $40 house dress IMO......"litrally".

Honored Contributor

Re: Halston TSV

[ Edited ]

I use  to have bowed out legs like Jayne Brown does. The dress looks bad on Jayne with her bowed legs. I had knee replacement which straightened out my legs so they are nice and straight now(YEA!)... but, I never would have worn THAT DRESS  before when I was bowed out. It just emphasises that part of the leg...

Also, the dress is much to wide to be flattering... it makes anyone a larger size look huge. Even the thin models are swimming in the fabric unless they belt it. 

Honored Contributor

I have never liked hi-low hems. But even w/o the bad hemline it would look like something I would wear around the house but not in public.

Respected Contributor

The petite is selling really well. Several sizes in several colors are gone already. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Halston TSV

[ Edited ]

I ordered this dress, so I might be the only one.  I think this dress will be comfortable for certain days.  But I saw how it looked on the hosts and I hope my ordering methodogy will be correct:

1) Read the measurements and the dress is so full at the bottom.

2) I am 5'7 but I ordered the PETITE because I could see on the models, if they ar 5'10 and the dress is also at their ankles in the back, then it will surely drang on the floor at my height.

3) Notice most of the ladies have on heels so if you don't want to be forced to wear a heels, then I knew going down to petite was the answer.

4) Wear w/ a belt or the QVC loved "obi belt" (I'm being scarcastic) but I know I will need to wear some kind of belt.

I can see this dress looking nice with the following:

1) belt

2) statement necklace (short)

3) maybe some espadrilles, or those sandals that tie up the legs.

4) belt w/ a joan pin.

I see potential, but I think the fit is key and NONE OF THE HOSTS SEEM TO HAVE GONE DOWN A SIZE.

I also don't think wearing a big jacket over it helps.  It just makes it look big and sloppy.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, but that is one of the most unflattering dresses I have ever seen. I've seen it this am on three hosts and they all looked bad.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

The high low hemline is not one I gravitate to.  I am looking to add a plain t-shirt style dress to my spring purchases, and may have overlooked the hemline if someone would turn around in the TSV dress so we can see how it's falling from behind.  Not one model has shown a rear view.  That is is a red flag to me with rayon spandex fabrics that there is serious cling.  

Valued Contributor

For static, the poster above may well be right regarding the static.  QVC seems to not use static guard on many of the items.

I use static guard and it works.  before I get dressed, I spray on static guard and then wait like 5 minutes and then get dressed.  It works.