Respected Contributor

@tototwo Sounds like a great sweater set.  I think of the Q's Halston line as inspired by the Halston that you remember...but I would be very surprised (shocked even) if the lasting power is the same as that couture line.  After all these are mass produced ready-to-wear items.  Your Halston sweater set was undoubtedly made with lots of attention to detail.

I don't think you can buy anything from a TV shopping channel of that quality.  But doing an apples to apples comparison of other lines available on the Q,  I find the Halston quality very high and the style is complimentary to other (non shopping channel) items in my closet.

Respected Contributor

I really don't watch QVC on tv.  So, I haven't seen any presentations, I only know what I see here on .com.  But I like what I see.  No bells and whistles.  Just nice, classic, polished clothing and accessories.  At some point, I'm sure I will buy something.  However, to be honest.  I work in a business casual atmosphere, I'm a fashion foward dressser.  I don't jump on all the trend bandwagons but I do like interpreting the trends for myself.  The H by Halston line seems like it's a bit too basic for me.  In general that is.  But, like I said, eventually I'll see something I want to buy. 

Respected Contributor

I ordered the long all leather boots in gray (the ones with the suede on the back).  They are beautiful. It is hard to find a true gray.  The last pair I bought turned out to be more of a taupe.

Deb

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I really don't watch QVC on tv.  So, I haven't seen any presentations, I only know what I see here on .com.  But I like what I see.  No bells and whistles.  Just nice, classic, polished clothing and accessories.  At some point, I'm sure I will buy something.  However, to be honest.  I work in a business casual atmosphere, I'm a fashion foward dressser.  I don't jump on all the trend bandwagons but I do like interpreting the trends for myself.  The H by Halston line seems like it's a bit too basic for me.  In general that is.  But, like I said, eventually I'll see something I want to buy. 

@Chrystaltree2 I completely understand what you mean. I feel similarly about Linea.  I always see beautiful pieces but they don't match my work or play lifestyle very well.  After many years of watching the line I finally bought my first item -- a very casual hoody dress.  The quality is really nice so I have a deeper appreciation for the enthusiasm of the Linea ladies. 

The simplicity of the Halston pieces allows them to fit into my closet with ease.  But there are many lines here: Bob Mackie, Joan Rivers, Quacker, Dennis Basso and until recently, Linea, that I'm sure are very nice but they just don't often fit with my life.

Honored Contributor

I ordered the down wrap coat a couple of weeks ago and I must say I was surprised at the great fit, style and quality of the down coat for the money. I 'm sorry I didn't buy the TSV duster sweater.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Halston Line

[ Edited ]

I love my tsv duster cardigan in teal - if the gray was a little darker I would have bought that too! You can't find long length classic cardigans in b&m's for under $100, I looked during my waitlist period! Even over $100 was hard to find.

Valued Contributor

I have been thrilled with the drape front cardigan ~ A271082.  I first purchased the Heather Granite and wow, just beautiful and warm and versatile as to various ways to play with the front for differing ways to wear it - all flattering.   I wore it yesterday to church with a tank top and matching mid-calf skirt.  So I was able to test the inside of the sleeves and definitely not scratchy.  Wow, it sure kept me warm and the temps here were in the 40s to low 50s.  Very comfortable, lots of compliments.  Do have to fold the sleeves back into cuffs as the arms are too long for me.  But I'm totally happy with that.  went back and purchased the heather bone and it is VERY pretty also.

Also got the dress in Heather Granite ~ A269410 ~ and while I'm keeping it because I really need that color and it fills a wardrobe nitch for me ~  I honestly think it is too expensive.  I did hand wash it BY HAND since I couldn't get the packing wrinkles out and it definitely shrunk.  Had to reblock the upper arm sleeves and the bust area.  It's even softer though after washing it.    Also had to iron the hem bottom as the small rib knit down there folded back on me even after drying flat.  I had thought I would come back for the dark heather, but decided against that.  This dress is warm in spite of its seemingly "thin" fabric weight though.  So I'll get some good wear out of it this winter.

Honored Contributor

i think these are some of the best pieces i have seen from any line on qvc in a while! i am slowly building my collection. i have three of the long sweater dusters that were the tsv a month or so ago......A269209 in teal, black, and blush. i have the boyfriend long sleeved v neck pullover A270230 in mauve and dusk blue. the material on these sweaters is so soft and comfortable. they are a bit oversized so if you want it more fitted then definitely go down a size. i know i will end up getting the other two colors. i also just bought the long cardigan with textured stitching.....it is a bit oversized, but quite substantial in weight. if you are looking for an outerwear cardigan then this is it. i bought it in the black but it is more of a very dark charcoal grey. A254654.

i am now going to browse the collection for some tops and some boots or shoes. so far a very good experience. lets hope this means more good things to come! the materials and the workmanship are quite nice.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: Halston Line

[ Edited ]

I agree with you @sunshine45 I am really enjoying this line.  I have acquired several pieces:

A272457 TSV duster (black)

A234888  Scoop neck top (black and gray)

A262982  Tunic with Hi-Low hem (fog blue)

A230723  Cowl Neck sweater (black)

As you say, sunshine, they are so soft and lovely. I hope the quality stays high.