Valued Contributor

Yes, the producers order for the hosts.  Heard this many times

on air.  They should spend time producing the shows, instead

of being an, "order taker".

@sparklestar

Honored Contributor

Well, all I can say is if you are Shawn's size and favorite color you'd better call QUICK if you want that last one!  Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I think it's just another annoying sales tactic.  Just like saying that they own it in every color or they've bought one for every family member.  Maybe they should spend more time giving product info for the viewers instead of faux shopping for themselves/family members.  Sometimes they'll say they want a particular color that doesn't seem to be selling as fast as the others.  LOL, just because the host says they want or have something doesn't make me want to buy it.  Years ago the hosts used to say that they couldn't buy before the the customers.

Respected Contributor

@Miranda1550 wrote:

Yes, the producers order for the hosts.  Heard this many times

on air.  They should spend time producing the shows, instead

of being an, "order taker".

@sparklestar

It doesn't bother me at all.  It can't take that long away from their job.  People just want to whine about something.

Respected Contributor

I don't perceive this to be whining. I am enjoying reading the opinions of everyone whether I agree or not. Heart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Occasional Contributor

Jayne Brown does this all the time and even gives someone her credit card to order for her and hollers what item and size she needs.  She is very unprofessional anyway.  Leah Willuams is one of the most professional hosts along with being very classy.   Since Jayne is her friend one would think Jayne could learn something from Leah, but NO.  Jayne just likes to be seen and heard as she is  LOUD.

Respected Contributor

@Miranda1550 wrote:

Yes, they are supposed to wait.  Another example of Shawn's

unprofessional behavior.  Rules not meant for her.  You 

would not see MBR doing it.  Another LR antic.

@dancing 522queen

Interesting that you would say that DancingQueen. A few years ago this topic was being discussed on these boards and Mary Beth may have known because she clearly stated on the air that if she states she owns something, she really does. Period, end of subject.

Valued Contributor

@sparklestar

I do not think expecting people to follow the rules is whining. 

Honored Contributor

@White Diamond wrote:

Jayne Brown does this all the time and even gives someone her credit card to order for her and hollers what item and size she needs.  She is very unprofessional anyway.  Leah Willuams is one of the most professional hosts along with being very classy.   Since Jayne is her friend one would think Jayne could learn something from Leah, but NO.  Jayne just likes to be seen and heard as she is  LOUD.

I used to have a hard time watching Jayne, but not any more.  I like her very much.  She has fun. And if she wants to order 6 or something they sell 4,000 of, I couldn't care less.  No big deal.

The hosts make a lot of money, they probably get a big discount too, and they are there working, which if you had that job I seriously doubt you'd be thrilled to go shopping very often when you weren't working.  Also, I'll bet their mothers, kids, sisters, etc. have said "If you see (whatever), order me one!!!!  You know they talk about what they are selling and their friends and relatives see when they watch.

I think most of of the hosts are people who wouldn't hesitat to wear QVC items, although I doubt they would hesitate to buy things most of us couldn't afford either.  They are just people. . . 

Respected Contributor

@Miranda1550 wrote:

@sparklestar

I do not think expecting people to follow the rules is whining. 

What rules?  I was not aware there were any rules.