Honored Contributor

To help us order the correct size, please don't say you wear a small when the item is clearly pulling on your arms and/or buttons bursting. There are no judgements if you usually wear a medium in that line. Sometimes when the rack is rolled out, the hosts' correct size may not be on there, but they take one, put it on and say this is my usual size XXS. No way!  You'd have to weigh 100 lbs. w/ no bust to fit in XXS! Be honest so we don't have to pay to return items. In the future, if host is not truthful w/ her sizing & I order accordingly, I will make a note of date, time, show & host. If item of clothing does not fit, I'll call CS & ask for free return because host was misleading w/ sizing. I will have data written down to offer as proof.

Respected Contributor

Measure your body and check the measurements online.   That's really the only way to make sure you order the right size.   

The only pertinent information the hosts give me about an item is if it's running small or large.    I can figure it out from there.  

Everybody has different body types...

Occasional Contributor

But I do always check the garment measurements and what I receive does not correlate. Sometimes. Not worth shipping and returns for try on fees!

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

Measure your body and check the measurements online.   That's really the only way to make sure you order the right size.   

The only pertinent information the hosts give me about an item is if it's running small or large.    I can figure it out from there.  

I agree. I don't know the measurements of the hosts and have no idea what size they are wearing or should be wearing. I know my OWN measurements and I check those against the measurements of the garments I order via the Click Here measurements. That's the information that makes the most difference, not the size the host is wearing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Newu wrote:

But I do always check the garment measurements and what I receive does not correlate. Sometimes. Not worth shipping and returns for try on fees!

------------------------

I agree!  I have often ordered based on the chart and the garment still does not fit properly!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus1 wrote:

To help us order the correct size, please don't say you wear a small when the item is clearly pulling on your arms and/or buttons bursting. There are no judgements if you usually wear a medium in that line. Sometimes when the rack is rolled out, the hosts' correct size may not be on there, but they take one, put it on and say this is my usual size XXS. No way!  You'd have to weigh 100 lbs. w/ no bust to fit in XXS! Be honest so we don't have to pay to return items. In the future, if host is not truthful w/ her sizing & I order accordingly, I will make a note of date, time, show & host. If item of clothing does not fit, I'll call CS & ask for free return because host was misleading w/ sizing. I will have data written down to offer as proof.

I agree with you.  It's not just Q I have never understood why all the models do not give the size and the hosts always seem to wear a small or an xxs.  I do like the way Carolyn presents clothes.  She will asks models what size and she always gives her size.  Love Carolyn.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: HOSTS GIVE CORRECT SIZE

[ Edited ]

@Shanus1 wrote:

I agree 100% with you. For those women that think that all the clothing is made according to QVC sizing, you are completely wrong. Different Manufacturers have different sizing. There is no standard sizing which is what we are talking about.

I, too, noticed that most of the models were wearing XXS or XSmall. I watched the Dennis Basso Coat TSV and couldn't figure out what size to get. Really frustrating!

It is Jayne, the very short woman who was wearing an XSmall or Small at the end of the day. No way is this woman a Small. During those runway shows, the blonde older woman was wearing a medium and Jill a Small. No way. Even the xlarge looked enormous on the dark haired model.

I ended up ordering a specific size because of the only reponse to my comment by a woman who ordered this coat and said it runs small so she returned it for a larger size. The other two comments were about how Dennis' coats normally run...which is big. I needed to know about this coat!

Customer service was no help. They just kept reading, form fitted from the descriptions.

This is the first clothing/shoe purchase that I ever made from QVC and I hope that I selected correctly.

Dennis Basso did not even discuss if the coats run big or small or tight. I don't need extra room for heavy sweaters. Nothing at all was mentioned. Just the stupid collar options and I couldn't believe that women were still asking questions about the collars. There were videos up explaining this.

For those that got the coat, I hope you all enjoy them.

Honored Contributor

Just because a host is wearing a size YOU deem to be incorrect for her does not mean she is misleading anyone!

She may feel (and also the stylers) that she looks perfectly fine in that size.

The fact that the viewer doesn't agree is an opinion.   No tricky misleading there...she is wearing a particular size and you think that size is incorrect for her.

What size she actually has ON at that moment and what size you think is better for her are 2 different issues.

If she says she is wearing an XS, I would think she is.  In this day and age of frivilous class action lawsuits, do you really think that the Q is going to let a host lie on air and say she is wearing an XXS when the label on the garment is Large?

I don't think it proves anything other than the viewer thinks that size doesn't fit the host!

If the garment received does not match the online measurements, THAT is a whole other ball game.  I would expect a full refund including original shipping and handling and not to be charged the label fee.

However, the fact that a host is wearing a size that doesn't look good on her has no bearing in what size I order.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Just because a host is wearing a size YOU deem to be incorrect for her does not mean she is misleading anyone!

She may feel (and also the stylers) that she looks perfectly fine in that size.

The fact that the viewer doesn't agree is an opinion.   No tricky misleading there...she is wearing a particular size and you think that size is incorrect for her.

What size she actually has ON at that moment and what size you think is better for her are 2 different issues.

If she says she is wearing an XS, I would think she is.  In this day and age of frivilous class action lawsuits, do you really think that the Q is going to let a host lie on air and say she is wearing an XXS when the label on the garment is Large?

I don't think it proves anything other than the viewer thinks that size doesn't fit the host!

If the garment received does not match the online measurements, THAT is a whole other ball game.  I would expect a full refund including original shipping and handling and not to be charged the label fee.

However, the fact that a host is wearing a size that doesn't look good on her has no bearing in what size I order.

Obviously, women are having a problem when they order, so that is why it was written. Why would a woman just write this unless it was an issue.

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

Exactly.  I don't understand how it is helpful for the host to tell me what size she is wearing.