Honored Contributor

The shows called Amy's Closet or Jennifer's Closet are a joke. Call it what it is. They are just another hour of the usual TSV presentation (if fashion), SG, D&Co., and whatever is being shown the rest of the day.

I recorded Amy's Closet & doubt if she'd wear anything presented. 

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree. I would like to see Amy show her style of clothes, Carolyn show her style, etc.  On HSN when a show is named after a host's picks, they seem true to that woman's personality. Not a big deal, but something that QVC could improve on in my opinion. 

Honored Contributor

I agree with the OP but if they were to do that they could not be on QVC because it's obvious when they aren't advertising QVC clothes, they always wear their own clothes and they are never (wow! a strong word) but true..  QVC clothes aren't their style.  I'd say Carolyn seems to wear the most QVC clothes when given a chance.

what they wear is their business.  I have to admit I find it insulting that they don't even believe enough in the clothing line that they can't wear them for as long as air time.  

The old adage..."Do as I say...not as I do" seems to be QVC's motto.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I agree with the OP but if they were to do that they could not be on QVC because it's obvious when they aren't advertising QVC clothes, they always wear their own clothes and they are never (wow! a strong word) but true..  QVC clothes aren't their style.  I'd say Carolyn seems to wear the most QVC clothes when given a chance.

what they wear is their business.  I have to admit I find it insulting that they don't even believe enough in the clothing line that they can't wear them for as long as air time.  

The old adage..."Do as I say...not as I do" seems to be QVC's motto.

Obviously they find the Q's fashion meh, too!!

Honored Contributor

With QVC's vanity sizing how could Amy even fit into anything they sell? She is petite and I would imagine the clothing would just be too large on her small frame. Do they pin all of the Q's clothing on her? I am asking because I don't watch her do fashion.

Most of the time Jennifer (the few times I have seen her) wears leggings and a flowing top. I guess there are a lot of brands that sell that.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, the Hosts' Closets shows are all about selling QVC products.  And that's what QVC's goal is - to sell specific products to us, them, whoever!  Lol !  I don't care if Amy, Carolyn, Jane or any of the other QVC salespeople wear any of the clothes they sell.  All I care about is will the product look good on me, will it fit,  will the quality be good, is the pricing ok.  What I don't understand is how any of us know exactly what these salespeople wear on their own time.  Quite possibly they own a combination of QVC brands (where I can only assume, but don't know for sure, that they get an employee discount making it more attractive) and other brands.  But unless we are their friends, relatives, neighbors, co-workers, how in in the world do any of you know for a fact what clothing items they own.  Just realize QVC is trying to get you to trust them so you will buy their products and if that means giving a show a name - such as Amy's Closet - that makes what they are selling more personal so you can identify with the salesperson, then they have succeeded.  

Honored Contributor

@seamus2 wrote:

Yes, the Hosts' Closets shows are all about selling QVC products.  And that's what QVC's goal is - to sell specific products to us, them, whoever!  Lol !  I don't care if Amy, Carolyn, Jane or any of the other QVC salespeople wear any of the clothes they sell.  All I care about is will the product look good on me, will it fit,  will the quality be good, is the pricing ok.  What I don't understand is how any of us know exactly what these salespeople wear on their own time.  Quite possibly they own a combination of QVC brands (where I can only assume, but don't know for sure, that they get an employee discount making it more attractive) and other brands.  But unless we are their friends, relatives, neighbors, co-workers, how in in the world do any of you know for a fact what clothing items they own.  Just realize QVC is trying to get you to trust them so you will buy their products and if that means giving a show a name - such as Amy's Closet - that makes what they are selling more personal so you can identify with the salesperson, then they have succeeded.  

They didn't succeed. Read through their tactics years ago. What happened to truth in advertising?

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

With QVC's vanity sizing how could Amy even fit into anything they sell? She is petite and I would imagine the clothing would just be too large on her small frame. Do they pin all of the Q's clothing on her? I am asking because I don't watch her do fashion.

Most of the time Jennifer (the few times I have seen her) wears leggings and a flowing top. I guess there are a lot of brands that sell that.

There have been times (mostly on Inspired Style), Amy has said she's wearing a size 2 pants or a top in XXS....but most of the time she's wearing her own clothes because she's a smart dresser with style and Q does not meet those needs.

Respected Contributor

My sentiments exactly.

Valued Contributor

The Q is not representing the clothes as actually a part of the host's personal closet nor as things she intends to buy. The premise is that the host participates in choosing the items for her show.