Super Contributor
On 3/17/2015 happygal said:

Poor Shawn. This is like a public beating.

I don't take it that way at all. If Shawn is the person she says she is...she will read these comments and think we are actually right! SHE is the one who said she will ALWAYS be honest with us because that's who she is. Yet "fake it until you make it" came right out of HER mouth! So, the fact we are calling her out on her obvious fakeness is something she needs to learn is definitely not becoming in someone who said they would be honest with us. She simply needs to find a different way to sell things such as not including herself in the equation. If I were Shawn, after reading all these comments, I'd do some soul searching and revamp my sales tactics. This "new" Shawn is not cutting it. So, no public beating but definitely a forum where comments hopefully will show tptb and Shawn that honesty is what sells and we see right through fakery.

Super Contributor
I can't stand Pat and Jayne either! Way too much cackling! They are keeping them for the older crowd and having Shawn for the younger set. I'm an old broad and I much prefer Shawn and the other younger hosts. Refreshing IMO
Respected Contributor

I have seen Shawn do great presentations. She is certainly capable of being more professional and coherent. She is highly educated so I wish she would use better verbiage and not be so frantic It is jarring and beneath her talent. She looked last night that she was under a great deal of pressure.

Contributor

I was so looking forward to the Monday night lineup and I have watched it twice and gave up on it last night. I did not enjoy the presentations of the hosts. I just don't click with the approach. I enjoy Leah and Sandra and try to catch the shows they are hosting.

Contributor

In the past, I always watched on Monday nights. Not anymore.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/17/2015 A Walker said:
On 3/17/2015 Chi-town girl said:
On 3/17/2015 jollyme said: I agree with the constructive criticism concerning the new Monday night fashion lineup- particularly since, as has been stated - there was no need to completely change the former format. The Models were perfect - with great chemistry with every host - not just LR. PM style had such a good rhythm, followed by Isaac, who also has a good sense of timing. Now we have nothing but chaos, confusion, panic and infantile behavior. Even Amy was better, calmer, more sophisticated when she was on with Lisa. And Shawn knows better. Her Friday afternoon show is way more fun and relaxedthan PM style. It's as if the directors feel obligated to erase every trace of Lisa's style. Why? I "If it isn't broken- don't fix it!"
It seems that Q is trying to make Shawn into a fashion expert or inspiration/fashionista. It's obviously not her nature. The impression that I have is that she's trying to be something she is not, so it looks desperate-begging customers to "try it", falls flat & translates as disingenuous. Nothing personal against Shawn-she has established a niche/customer base. Bad decisions by Q to push Shawn in this role & the whole revamped Monday night lineup is so uninspiring!

ITA!!! The problem I have, in addition to practically everything everyone has said, is Shawn is becoming less and less credible as the days go on and she's on air opening her mouth! She has a flock of supporters telling her to be herself, she posts daily quotes on FB ABOUT being oneself and never changing who you are, yet she comes on air being anything BUT who she has said she is!

Her bad feet. Right. I noticed she had this whole foot thing when Vionic came on board. Same story for Spenco or whatever other orthodic-type shoe she is selling. Then she's twirling around set with Rick wearing heels higher than a person with self-proclaimed HORRIBLE feet would be able to do! But wait.....enter IM's wedges.....suddenly she feels obligated from ALL the posts on her FB page and on here to address her foot issue. So what does she do? She explains she is able to wear heels now because she wears platforms and IM's fabulous sole layered shoes???? Really Shawn???? Come on now! She looked like a fool saying that, and they called her out on her FB page, of course until it was all deleted.

Then... those handbags. For YEARS we've heard she is not a big bag girl, not a this girl, not a that girl....suddenly again....she would NOW buy one of those big handbags even if she "only had two items" to put in it??? Right! And the begging is beyond.

But... I'd like to end my little problem with Shawn by saying.... we ALL see right through her because she really is NOT a good sales person at all. Whining, begging, pleading for sales, using depressing stories to sell her jewelry, is SO unprofessional and is placed right up there with those carnival acts.

In the end....she said it on Martha Stewart's Apprentice and apparently is STILL living it here on the Q: "Fake it until you make it" and she was fired. Sorry, but that is so not cool. If you don't like something, don't tell me you do. Simply sell it on its MERITS because someone will like it. And THAT'S what a great sales person would do! Very well said!

Honored Contributor
PM Style calls for a class act. I think they should have used Sandra.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I like Shawn.......i would much rather watch her then some other hosts.......and definitely would not want to watch Sandra hosting..i don't find her genuine...............and I would enjoy Jayne Brown .......i like her and Pat....but hosting individually.....it just gets out of hand when they are together.

Honored Contributor
On 3/17/2015 taja123 said:

Shawn & IM has just turned into a fare where both of them seem displeased with the other. When will Shawn take IM's "designer" advice and wear jackets larger and actually fit her. Just look at the models; they're not tied up like a sausage.

PM Style has extended style to include, jewelry. skin care, beauty tools, hair products, and just not much, well...style. It appears they're throwing in everything but the kitchen sink. If they showed some interesting merchandise, the host would not matter so much.

Shawn is nervous, insecure and it seems she is not a good salesperson, like Carolyn, Mary Beth, Pat & Jayne and Leah. That is the reason you hear all those strange words and strange selling. Shawn got all perturbed b/c folks believe she was lying about her bad feet. She couldn't get off the subject, like a dog with a bone. I don't think serious bad feet are cured by a wedge and padding. Give me a break. Shawn lacks self confidence, and it might be her downfall.

I think she used the "bad feet" thing because she had to sit due to her troublesome pregnancy, but did not want to disclose that. After she came back from losing her baby (a tragedy for sure), the "bad feet" issue no longer came up as much. She still talks about it once in a while, like when she's selling Vionic or another of that type of shoe, that it comes up again.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
On 3/17/2015 handygal said: PM Style calls for a class act. I think they should have used Sandra.

I agree 100%. She is so calming to watch, and not boring at all, as so many say. I have no idea why so many dislike Sandra. She is totally non-controversial. Is that why she is so-called "boring?" As you said, she is a class act, IMO too.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986