Esteemed Contributor

Just saw part of late day show  -   can't believe what Gary finds so beautiful - smart - and just loves them all....................D & Co. needs somebody to clean house and start all over again..or just close that department down.

Sad to see what it's become.

Super Contributor

Re: Gary of D & Co.

[ Edited ]

Ok, so I'm not into D&C, meaning I don't buy these clothes, but there is something about Gary I like. He's funny, he plays the QVC game, (squirrel). Which is a crazy thing Carolyn is into. She's been with QVC to long.

IMO:QVC has too many vendors that all sell the same looking things. Maybe not D&C but, peace & whatever, cuddle duds,Anybody, etc., etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Apparently the OPs opinion is not widely shared. They seem to be selling more D &C than ever. Personally, I think Gary has improved the line....with the exception of those nasty natural, linen-like pieces. I have found some pieces from tbis line that i really like and that is new for me.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Just saw part of late day show  -   can't believe what Gary finds so beautiful - smart - and just loves them all....................D & Co. needs somebody to clean house and start all over again..or just close that department down.

Sad to see what it's become.

@fthunt I love their elastic waist pants.  They have a place in my life.  You don't like it, obviously others do.  

Honored Contributor

I do think that Gary genuinely and proudly likes each of his and D&Co. designs/fashions.

It's a lot of work, being in the fashion business.  Lots of items to think about, to have delivered on time to manufacturers, etc.  Buttons and everything else.

Not an easy industry, that's for sure.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

It is not a line that I like and I don't care for the squirrel silliness. But D and C appeals to a large segment of QVC viewers. I think that Gary is a nice person. So I don't need to watch it, agree that everything looks alike, emphasis on covering everything up on the body.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I'm tired of the squirrel stuff.  It was cute in the beginning, but it's getting really silly.

I get tired of squirrels anyway.  It's a joke with my friends and family (my war on the squirrels).  They eat all of my birdseed and chase away the birds.  

I use hot pepper liquid around the base of the squirrel posts.  That works until it rains.  Then they're right back again.

Instead of hearing about their squirrels, I'd rather see the clothes on the rack so I can sorta pretend I can figure out colors.

I can't stand the way they give all of the clothes weird names.  I sit there trying to figure out which is the color I really want.  At least if the camera would focus on them, I can sorta figure out the color.

Trusted Contributor

Love D&C clothes and Gary and Carolyn too.  The squirrel is cute slao.

Honored Contributor

JMO, but Gary or whoever actually " designs " these clothes has ruined the line. I speak as one who was a fan. I can't watch Carolyn and her nonsense, but I do check online and D&Co. is so disappointing. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Re: Gary of D & Co.

[ Edited ]

He's like an actor playing a part. He's paid to say they clothes are fabulous. I don't know why anyone expects anything different. If you don't like D & C or any other line you do not have to buy or watch the shows. Personally I haven't bought anything from Qvc in months.