Valued Contributor

Re: Gary of D & Co.

[ Edited ]

Aww I like Gary. I find him sincere and kind and these qualities go a long way with me. I do wish Carolyn would stop with the squirrel bit. I think Gary might feel pressured to go along with it to be a good sport but, to me, it's overdone and I feel embarrassed for both of them. I don't buy from Denim&Co but I always watch because fashion is one of the only categories left that interests me.

Respected Contributor

He's ok but that flippin' squirrel nonsense has completely turned me off. If I wanted to see silliness and hear childish voices, I would be watching a cartoon channel.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Gary of D & Co.

[ Edited ]

I think D&C is QVC's "All American" line with some trendy thrown in.  There's always a place for All American.

I also like more cotton is offered than other vendors.  I don't buy much, but D&C is one I'm most interested in on QVC.  

IMO, Gary and Carolyn are perfect for D&C.  Other than Shawn and Isaac, I haven't seen other more compatible hosts and vendors as they are.  

Honored Contributor

20+ Best Squirrel Park images | squirrel, funny animals, animal pictures

Contributor

I buy a lot of Denim & Co, they have thousands of items and I like some of it very much.... that leaves most of it not my taste but I like 90% of what I purchase and it's well made but overpriced, so I look for deals.

Carolyn is one of my three favorite hosts, I think she explains the items extremely well BUT the squirrel high pitched banter needs to go.

Honored Contributor

I have a large, out-of-control wardrobe with more D&C than anything else.  However the past year has been a total flop.  It's the same old stuff week after week.  They make a big deal out of bringing back an old item in a new color.  I've bought very little.  My sister and I were watching together on Tuesdays by phone but we've become totally bored since neither of us ever saw anything we wanted to buy.  We've wondered if they laid off the design staff.

Another vote to send the squirrels into hibernation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I like Carolyn & Gary. I buy D&Co once in a while. I do agree the squirrel

sillness is too much. But the bottom line is this line sells. When they have

a TSV they sell thousands of pieces. They aren't going anywhere.

Valued Contributor

I remember back when D&C didn't have a guest to help the host. The host presented these items on their own. In fact, most things were presented that way back in the "olden days". I kind of liked that in most cases as you didn't have people talking over each other but I like Gary a lot. I don't think he'd last long if he told you, "this is my least favorite top" or "the material is just ok". I think he does a great job.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Just saw part of late day show  -   can't believe what Gary finds so beautiful - smart - and just loves them all....................D & Co. needs somebody to clean house and start all over again..or just close that department down.

Sad to see what it's become.

I enjoy Gary and have many, many pieces of Denim and Company. He seems very knowledgeable and the clothes always fit well on me.

No one "needs.....to clean house and start all over again"; and those of us who enjoy his clothing line are not "sad to see what it's become," but appreciate his sense of style and evolving styles for us. 

So glad that QVC does not agree with you about "just close that department down." 

Honored Contributor

@Qgirl26 

You beat me to it! Nobody is putting anything down as a matter of fact each garment is better than the last! If they do speak negatively it's about something they're not presenting and definitely not something in their line!