Respected Contributor

For those who only take carry-on luggage...

How do you pack your toiletries? I would have no problem with clothing and shoes, but with the limit on liquids, there is no way for me to pack toiletries in a carry-on.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: For those who only take carry-on luggage...

My understanding - whatever fits in a quart size plastic bag, containers not to exceed 3 ounces. I'll be air traveling in a couple of weeks, and it is very challening thinking about packing necessities!

(Is that correct?)

Contributor

I'm flying tomorrow, in fact.

I buy small travel sizes of general products and then fill size-appropriate bottles and tubs with my own favorites. I take only my necessary cosmetics from my large at-home stash and manage okay with those. Hope this helps.

Super Contributor

I don't take anything liquid. If I need something, I buy it when I get to my destination and toss the leftovers before I go home.

For shampoo, etc ... I just use what's in the hotel.

Trusted Contributor

If the trip is short enough for carry on luggage, I have no problem fitting all my liquids into a quart size zip lock bag.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Trusted Contributor

I just take the very minimum needed and buy what I need at my destination. I've found some great new products that way, too
Frequent Contributor

I use WEN travel packs for my hair. One pack will last me for two shampooings. Everything else is as small as possible, makeup wipes instead of a liquid soap.

I will be in Eastern Europe for two weeks and I will only have carry on. It can be done.

Respected Contributor

Look for substitutes that are not classified as liquid. I pack lotion wipes, cream foundation, and items with a roller ball application, which seem to pass without being put in a baggie for inspection. If possible I buy some products at my destination.
Super Contributor

Josie Maran's bare naked wipes are great for facial cleansing, I always use those when traveling. I had a moisturizer with spf small size that did double duty. No liquid foundation, I used mineral powder. When traveling I do leave serums at home, I was able to live out of a carry on for two weeks in Europe, I dress casually and do not go to dressy restaurants.
Regular Contributor

I know it can be done, too. I went to Europe for 3 weeks last year. Traveled to 6 countries and was in several airports. I only took one small roller suitcase as my carryon and took a small back pack as my second item. I packed in that suitcase 6 tops, 4 prs pants, an extra pr of shoes, undies, a nightgown, scarves, a rain jacket and sox.I stayed with the blue theme in tops so I could mix and match with the pants I took. I also took a blue vest that went with all the tops. In the back pack, I took what others have suggested in this thread: makeup wipes, small travel size items (toothpaste, etc) and very limited makeup. I put all those into a makeup bag or the clear qt size zip lock bags that TSA recommends. I did not take a traditional handbag, choosing instead a small cross body that I could tuck into the back pack when at the airport. Packing for a trip overseas can be a challenge but it can be done. I don't regret how I packed at all and remember you are going thru lots of security checks so you want to simplify what you are packing.