Trusted Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 6/4/22)...

[ Edited ]

Good Morning! This week's favorites of mine are #7 and #14. I love classic dressing. What I also like is the cut and fit of each piece. They all are well proportioned for each model. (I don't care for the super-oversized "like I'mswimming in fabric" look on most people.) The little girl near the swing is adorable ☺️ 

Respected Contributor

@MacDuFF @Good morning! I love the dress #1, love the edges. Love number 3 and 14. I adore blazers! I wear them quite often! The little girl in 10 just adorable! Thanks again for sharing!

Honored Contributor

Absolutely love #14! Definitely my style. Love a good striped top, blazer, and those pants. 

I could replicate #3, but I’m not sure if I would put my black blazer with light wash jeans. 

I like #7, but I couldn’t wear those shoes. 

Regular Contributor

Interesting collection. Unless they are full length dress pants,  I'm not a fan of high heels with pants. My 2 favorites are the knit dress with vest, (do not like fringe hanging from a purse) and the khaki suit. (not the shoes)

Recently I read, Meghan Markle wears her heels 2 sizes big so they do not hurt her heat.  How do you walking in shoes that are too big?  Even if I have shoes a half size too big, they flop and I must curl my toes to keep them from flopping.

Esteemed Contributor

Is it Sunday again, already?  Glad to have something happy to fill my mind with for awhile.  

The dress in #1 is cute (not the shoulder puckering), but it would be a lot of material to contend with.  Love the sandals.

Love the look of #3.  The blazer is great and I am pretending that she is rocking a long boot cut jean. Woman Wink

If #4 was just a top, I would have to take it in dressing room to try it on.  I don't like tiered skirts.  Again, too much material.

#6 is nice except for the pant length.  I don't care for those sandals, but another style could work.  I love the shirt under the jacket....slouchy, but oh, sooo cool looking.

#10 is the only way I like to see rolled up pants with the ankle showing.

#11 is my favorite, too.  The jeans would have to be a bit longer, but the distressing isn't bothering me like it usually does.  They look like your dad jeans or my men's Levis 501 button fly.......and yes they are 100% cotton.  So glad I didn't get rid of them in a fit of purging......LOL

#14 has @wilma 's name all over it. I like everything about this outfit except the striped top under the blazer.  I know that striped T's are popular, but I would never buy or wear one.  They remind me of shirts that little kids wear.  I know, I am closed minded to a fault.  One advantage: knowing what I like limits what I can find to buy. Woman Tongue

The girl in #15 looks like she ran out of the house in her husband's sweater, her kid's pants, and grandmother's shoes.  Sorry if I offend anyone who has a different opinion.

Well, you pulled off another great edition of Fashion Favorites.  May my subscription never run out or get cut off for editorial comments. Woman Wink

Tends~

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

#11 is my favorite.  Although I love the shoes, I could NEVER wear them.  #14 is a close second.  I'm not one for a clutch purse and those shoes don't look comfortable to me so I'd switch to a purse with a handle and/or shoulder strap and more comfortable shoes.  I'd probably stay with the same color though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Hi @MacDuFF 

fun looks!

#3  i've worn this look with slim black jeans. i have an almost identical charcoal blazer with stitched zuzshed up sleeves -  it's a less staid look which like for showing off my bold artisan silver cuffs.  i have a crisp white shirt w/ pintucked ruffles.    i don't care for the tote handbag with this example though - it looks too beachy.

#11  nice everyday style - i have a couple black tees rather than collared shirt. would wear w / camo athleisure slip ons 

Honored Contributor

I liked every single one of them but not as crazy about #5 as the rest.  It looks hot and clingy but I love all the others.

I had a very similar outfit in the early 1990s.  I wore with a beige tank top, a silk fuschia colored cummerbund and red pumps.  Yes, all crazy colors but it looks so edgy.  I could wear edgy then with my red hair.

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF 

Hello, my favorite Fashionista!  LOL.  # 9 is so right for you and really reminds me of your style.  I also like the pink puffed sleeve blouse in #13.  I love this color pink.  You have represented this color wonderfully this season.  #14 gives me a Ralph Lauren kind of vibe.  Simple, clean and classic

Would you call it a Fuschia or a hot pink?  I think I'm biased towards this color because it was one of my wedding colors years and years ago.

I hope you are enjoying your Summer.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life