Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Designer You Would Like to Meet

Calvin Klein.  I owned a winter coat in hunter green with hunter green fox on the cuffs and collar that came to a V.  I donated to a mental health organization that had a store with used clothes.  I wonder what lucky person got that coat.  The other coat was ankle length wet look black rain coat.

I always admired Calvin's simplicity look in his clothes for women.  If you wanted beautiful fabric and a clean lines look, purchase Calvin Klein.  His sister Anne was also a designer of women's clothes.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Calvin Klein.  I owned a winter coat in hunter green with hunter green fox on the cuffs and collar that came to a V.  I donated to a mental health organization that had a store with used clothes.  I wonder what lucky person got that coat.  The other coat was ankle length wet look black rain coat.

I always admired Calvin's simplicity look in his clothes for women.  If you wanted beautiful fabric and a clean lines look, purchase Calvin Klein.  His sister Anne was also a designer of women's clothes.

@Katcat1  I agree that Calvin Klein clothing is so simple and sleek. Another great American designer. However, Anne Klein was not his sister.

Honored Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

There are so many from past and present: Coco Chanel, Hubert Givenchy, Oleg Cassini, George Simonton, Bob Mackie, Louis Dell'Olio, Giorgio Armani, Stan Herman.  

ETA:  oops, I almost forgot 8-time Academy Award winner, Edith Head.

@alliswell 
Totally forgot about Edith Head. Would have been great to talk to her about all the clothes she designed for movies back in the day. 

Trusted Contributor

I have met Edith Head, Bob Mackie and Jason Wu.  But would love to have a LONG lunch with Bob and Edith!  Jason never talks about it, but he designed clothes for the 16" Gene Marshall doll for two years in early 2000's, and I met him at the two doll conventions.  We couldn't decide if he was bored, or shy, didn't talk much.  Edith talked at our Meier & Frank dept store in the '80s about fashions and designing for the stars.  Bob Mackie was at a Seattle Barbie doll convention in the late '80s and he signed dolls, talked with us, very friendly!  

Esteemed Contributor

Bob Mackie

Louis Del'Olio

Isaac Mizrahi

Randy Fenoli

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma 

Edith Head

Though I never met her, I was thrilled to attend an exhibition of her sketches at a Manhattan gallery in the late 1960's.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Queen of shop wrote:

@wilma  Oleg Cassini. Loved how he styled Jackie. That "look" still exists and is timeless IMO. Legend

@Queen of shop 

In the late 1960's, I worked for Connaught Films in NYC. One afternoon as I was leaving work with an awful headache and my eyes cast downward, I noticed someone holding open the lobby door for me to exit.  As I raised my head, I was stunned to see that I was about to thank Oleg Cassini. Such a gentleman!

Trusted Contributor

@Toots711  Oh my goodness! What a treat. I would have fainted. lolWoman LOL

Thanks for sharing.Heart

Valued Contributor

@Queen of shop 

I smiled and thanked him. Handsome man!

By your mention of Oleg Cassini, you helped me to recall a special moment in time!

Trusted Contributor

@Toots711 wrote:

@Queen of shop 

I smiled and thanked him. Handsome man!

By your mention of Oleg Cassini, you helped me to recall a special moment in time!

Aww. Sweet! Woman Happy