Honored Contributor

Fashion Designer You Would Like to Meet

Is there a fashion designer you would like to meet or wish you could have met when they were living? 

Are there any questions you would want to specifically ask?

I would be interested in meeting Diane von Furstenberg and Ralph Lauren.

I love the prints and dresses DVF designs. I'd love to own one of her dresses one day. I've also always loved the classic styles of Ralph Lauren. Whether causal or dressy, most of his fashions suit my personal style. 

Even though I've read up on both designers and know a few things about them, I would probably ask them about their early careers, inspirations, and families. It's always more interesting to hear stories in person. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fashion Designer You Would Like to Meet

George Simonton. He just seems like such a nice guy. I like him. 

Honored Contributor

Tracy Reese and Nanette Lepore

Respected Contributor

Gloria Vanderbilt

Honored Contributor

No "ready-to-wear" designers, but there rather the all peoplle who design fabrics and create new yarns for people like me who would rather do their own thing.  

• Just to say "Thank You."

Trusted Contributor

@wilma  Oleg Cassini. Loved how he styled Jackie. That "look" still exists and is timeless IMO. Legend

Esteemed Contributor

My knee jerk answer is Monique Lhuillier. Just because she had a boutique down the street from where I used to live. I would walk by that little shop longing to go in, but too intimidated to do so. It looked way too fancy for what I could afford at the time.

Now I would like to have lunch with her. I have a real interest in people and am by nature very inquisitive. I would love to hear her story.

Great thread @wilma !

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are so many from past and present: Coco Chanel, Hubert Givenchy, Oleg Cassini, George Simonton, Bob Mackie, Louis Dell'Olio, Giorgio Armani, Stan Herman.  

ETA:  oops, I almost forgot 8-time Academy Award winner, Edith Head.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

No "ready-to-wear" designers, but there rather the all peoplle who design fabrics and create new yarns for people like me who would rather do their own thing.  

• Just to say "Thank You."

@ALRATIBA 

Good idea! 👍

The people who create the fabrics, prints, and textiles are very talented & creative!

Honored Contributor

Isaac.   I'd feel very comfortable chatting with him. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).