Esteemed Contributor

I guess I believe most of what is posted. When someone is called out, I wonder how they figured it out, or if they are incorrect.

Super Contributor

Wouldn't that be boring though? To make up a whole beautiful lifestyle that you don't even have, just to make other anonymous posters who can't even see you jealous?! What's the fun in that? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor
On 3/29/2015 Kathleen said:

There have been two instances in recent memory where another poster has taken something I've written and a few weeks later wrote exactly what I wrote (word for word) and passed it off as her/his own statement.

I could have done that, and if I did, I truly apologoze. Sometimes I even do it to myself. Sometimes I contradict myself....??
Super Contributor
On 3/29/2015 violann said:
On 3/29/2015 Kathleen said:

There have been two instances in recent memory where another poster has taken something I've written and a few weeks later wrote exactly what I wrote (word for word) and passed it off as her/his own statement.

I could have done that, and if I did, I truly apologoze. Sometimes I even do it to myself. Sometimes I contradict myself....??

That's interesting as I've noticed that my own words appear in someone else's posting sometime on the same thread, verbatim. I take it as a compliment!

Honored Contributor

There is a "well-known" poster among you, that had a fake FB page with a fake name, and she thought it was perfectly alright!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Super Contributor
On 3/29/2015 handygal said: I think most of us are regular, honest women with normal lives. It did occur to me, though, that there may be some men on these boards, posing as women. Anyone agree?

Yes!

Super Contributor

In this day and age - aren't we surrounded by liars in politics and the media? In the courts? In testimony before Congress?

Look at Brian Williams and Lois Lerner as recent examples. I'm sure we could all name many, many more.

Politicians have been lying since the day politics was invented!

And, as Pontius Pilate said: What is truth? (John 18:38)

Honored Contributor
I've run across a couple posters that post things that I know aren't truthful. They either posted a contradictory post previously or they talk about a location I know well. I assume they have troubles and need to make their lives sound better than they are. I just ignore it.
Valued Contributor
If people are so lacking in self-respect that they lie on a shopping board, then they are pretty pathetic. Personally, I look like a younger version of Angelina Jolie and just won the lottery. Would I lie?
Super Contributor
On 3/29/2015 shamalamadingdong4 said: If people are so lacking in self-respect that they lie on a shopping board, then they are pretty pathetic. Personally, I look like a younger version of Angelina Jolie and just won the lottery. Would I lie?

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}