Frequent Contributor

I just read the blog entry re: FFANY Pink Carpet held on Monday yet the program guide shows the FFANY sale is tomorrow night.  Does this mean that the wealthy and elite in NYC get first dibs on the donated shoes and the devoted QVC customers get to purchase the leftovers?  

Esteemed Contributor

I think based on previous years, your assumption is spot on. 

ETA: Of course, I'm sure all those guests got the privilege of paying a substantial fee to enter through the gala doors.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

Missed it Monday. Will be tuned in tomorrow to see if there is anything that catches my eye.

Honored Contributor

@MsChiff  WOW - I missed the entire show.  Never did hear anything about when it was to be.  Not that I would have purchased anything - there certainly wasn't much to make me want to.  Not to mention really high prices on some of those really crazy looking ones.

Honored Contributor

QVC has always (at least the past several years) held a gala event prior to the shoe sale on TV for FFANY Shoes on Sale.  The event on the 19th was an award ceremony for companies and people that have contributed millions for the cause.  They also had several performances and stories from stars about their personal breast cancer survival -- Wanda Sykes, Courtney Cox & more.  There was partying and dancing and plenty of shoes purchased as well; the goal for Monday night was to raise another $50 million.  I would not begrudge QVC one bit for holding a fundraiser with this kind of cache and deep pockets separately from the shoe sale to which the rest of us get to contribute. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@MsChiff  WOW - I missed the entire show.  Never did hear anything about when it was to be.  Not that I would have purchased anything - there certainly wasn't much to make me want to.  Not to mention really high prices on some of those really crazy looking ones.

@PINKdogWOOD, it's on tonight from 6-10 Eastern time. I have watched in the past, but none of the shoes grabbed me this year so think I will pass. I have the Pliner boots in black and brown from last year, they're $164 FFANY price, I think I got mine for less. Woman Surprised

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack  On tonight? So I didn't miss it?  I too however will pass Ms Maggie. 

However, it will for sure be another tear-jerker because Carolyn will be sharing some of her thoughts.  She let on about this a week or so ago in one of her d&co shows.  I am very sure Carolyn will have some good words to live by after her ordeal this summer.  She is one of MANY survivors of breast cancer.  I continue to be amazed at how this disease hits so many of us, yet the powers that be say we don't need mamos until at an extreme age, and not every year either.

Obviously it's men who think they can decide for women on what's best for us. 

Honored Contributor

There have been some blogs written or question/answer sessions posted about the various survivors at QVC including Nancy Hornback, Sharon Hanby Robie and another 26 YO QVC employee battling the disease right now. 

Nancy Hornback has links to all this on her FB page.   

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@MaggieMack  On tonight? So I didn't miss it?  I too however will pass Ms Maggie. 

However, it will for sure be another tear-jerker because Carolyn will be sharing some of her thoughts.  She let on about this a week or so ago in one of her d&co shows.  I am very sure Carolyn will have some good words to live by after her ordeal this summer.  She is one of MANY survivors of breast cancer.  I continue to be amazed at how this disease hits so many of us, yet the powers that be say we don't need mamos until at an extreme age, and not every year either.

Obviously it's men who think they can decide for women on what's best for us. 

I just saw some new "research" now that says mammos shouldn't be started until age 45 instead of 40. 

I don't think it's men that are coming up with this.  I think it's insurance companies.  But I can tell you this.  A mammo isn't that expensive so I will pay for it myself every year if my insurance company won't. 

Honored Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

Missed it Monday. Will be tuned in tomorrow to see if there is anything that catches my eye.

There's a link on the home page to all the shoes. 

Nothing caught my eye.