Honored Contributor

...what did you wear?  What did you see someone else wearing that caught your eye?

Honored Contributor

I wore a new outfit from Talbots. New clothes is a tradition . We put on Christ

My blouse is a botanical print. White background with grey and black roses and leaves

My slacks are black double knit and slim

I wore  black patten flats and carried a Clever Carriage bag, black with white polka dots and red needlepoint roses

Mass  was so packed ,I couldn't see what anyone was wearing ,to be truthful

Respected Contributor

Around here, no one dresses up for Easter services, except maybe little girls.  Might have something to do with our weather . . . I hardly remember any Easter when it was warm enough to wear spring clothing.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

A modest top and skirt with dressy flats.

Saw a few dresses but most  women were in pants or jeans.

Respected Contributor

I don't go to church on Easter. The smell from the lilies makes me sick almost immediately. As in "I'm going to barf now" sick. However; no one at my church dresses up on a weekly basis and I can't imagine that Easter is any different. We stress "come as you are" in order to be more inviting. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Easter came late this year and it was a very pleasant day but the sun didn't come out until afternoon.  It was warm but drizzly this morning.  I don't dress up on Easter, I wore navy pants with crisp white shirt and a navy sweater coat.  I did wear some serious jewelry; diamonds and sapphires.  Lots of spring fashions but nothing over the top, nothing that caught my eye.   

Respected Contributor

we relocated last year. new church etc. we have been doing quite a few different things at this church. 

this morning a commet was made "where's your purple?"  i'm like, huh?  is that the color of the day, and i missed it? 

well, no, but it's easter. huh?  ok. another thing i had not heard of. anyone else?

Respected Contributor

Sad that people don’t dress for church anymore, especially on holidays. 

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

Sad that people don’t dress for church anymore, especially on holidays. 

i dont find it sad at all.

people are there to worship, to join together, to celebrate, to remember, to learn......they are there to share their hearts and souls......it isnt a fashion show.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I saw almost everyone dressed up. I wore a floral skirt (Linea) , cream top, and light jacket. DH wore a new salmon shirt with his beige sportcoat and looked great. 

One of our members, who is in her 80's, looked beautiful - green and white dress and jacket and matching jewelry. A few women had cold shoulder or off- the -shoulder tops on. I told a lot of people today they looked beautiful and spring-y! Even the younger members of our congregation were dressed up, some of the girls in short dresses, some in long flowing skirts. I saw no jeans, but one jean jacket - over a flowy white skirt (she's 23). Smiley Wink