Honored Contributor

Re: Done Shopping for Summer and Beyond...............

After donating 3 bags of clothing, shoes, handbags, etc. (and 2 bags of linens to the dog rescue) last week & looking in my closet I still have more than enough clothing to take me right through the end of ? (who knows)! I live in FL weather is nice all year with the exception of a few cool days. The only time I need warm clothes is if I take a few trips north and this is only a few things.

I have gone in stores over the past week and came out empty handed...that's the perfect sign! 

The older I'm getting the less I need in all areas of my life. 

Respected Contributor

I'm going on vacation next week and hope to pick up a couple of new tops before I head out just to feel a little sassy.  Other than that, I don't need much. I Heart summer clothes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for all your replies!!!

I've been to all the stores like JCP, Forever 21, Macy's, Burlington... and online and I'm so done!!! Who thought that was possible LOL. 

Nothing really interests me anymore. I'm looking forward to using it all and putting my outfits together.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's done!!! Smiley LOL  

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

I'm done for summer.  I have spent too much the last few months. I went a bit crazy.  I wanted 2 or 3 new tops and a new handbag, but ended up buying too many tops, too many bags, and shoes I didn't need.  I need to set myself a limit of "x" amount of dollars or "x" number of items.  I pay my bills off each month, but I could use that money for something else or save it.  I love to shop so it is always a work in progress.

Respected Contributor

I have all my summer "must haves" but I'm not "done" shopping.  It's only 6-24, for heaven's sake and all the retailers are already in summer sale mode.  I'm sure I'll pick a few cute things for summer or early fall.  Things that I wouldn't have paid full price for.  I love shopping, I love fashion and I like looking nice.  I'll be like my dear departed Mom....I'll be "done" with shopping when they lower me into my grave...lol 

Occasional Contributor

I have gotten to the point that, I am just not interested in anything. I already have too much. Some new things I haven't even worn. I DON'T like summer clothes. Love fall and winter. I am going to save money. YIPEE!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I live in Florida so I buy a lot of clothing when the summer stuff comes out each year in the spring. Then I am done til the next spring, except I will watch the summer clothes clearances in the fall. I have enough winter clothes for now as I hardly wear them.

Valued Contributor

I don't think I'll be buying too much more specifically for summer time, but I look for clothes I can wear year round on sale after the fourth. I usually find tops or tees for year round use, even jeans at times. There are lots of racks in our Macy's, so there'll be further markdowns for sure. I don't work anymore, but do like to get out when I can, so it's nice to have choices. After a long dry spell of not finding anything I liked for months awhile back, I'm thrilled to be finding things again. pinky

Super Contributor

Well, I want to believe that I am. I just now received an order from JCP, and I'm waiting for one from the Q. IF everything fits - I'll be done. 😉
Contributor

Great Question!  I just asked myself this yesterday.  I really believe I am done.  I bought the Joan Rivers boyfriend shirt in white.  That came, and I love it, do wish it was a bit less boxy, but I rolled the sleeves up on that puppy, wore a pretty white statement necklace, and a pair of women with control black capris and my white flip flops and decided I was as cute as I could be for the summer.  I live in my WWC capris, and I dont really need much else but the tops I already have.  I have bagged up the TSC Lisa Renna top to return, and decided, I AM DONE!  Hugs to all you ladies.  I do love seeing the clothes on air, even if I cant afford to buy all of the ones I like.  I am really trying to build a wardrobe of essentials that mix and match and look good.  Not for just one season.....