Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you wear your pants as tight as....

@ECBG 

Is that why jeggings and tunics became so popular? I've never worn either and often wondered why anyone would.  Thanks for the education. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

Jeggings and leggings are two different things. Leggings first became popular in the 14th century, and were worn by men. Jeggings came along much later, and both are still very popular, and worn by all ages. 

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Personally, I would not subject the general public to the sight of me in skin tight pants.

LOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gif

It would look like 2 St. Bernard puppies fighting under a blanket when I walked away.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  283917.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

I watched a little of Kim Gravel with Mary this morning.  They both had on super tight 'jeans" that didn't look good on either of them.  Then they started selling joggers.  Mary put those on and looked good in them.  It seems just about every host and model wears super tight pants.  Not talking leggings. I don't like baggy pants but I wish the super tight look would go away.  Do you like and wear pants that tight?  I guess if you look like Katia the model, anything would look good.  But most women don't.

@MoJoV 

I didn't see the show you referenced here, but I think there are actually two issues here. 

First, if women like the feeling of snug pants, such as leggings etc, they will tend to wear them.  The decision to wear them is based on the "feel" of the garment.

The problem is, Second, that tight pants are NOT FLATTERING on all women.   

There are all sorts of clothing options to choose from, and different instances where we'd wear them.  A lot of the clothes and shoes I wear at home are for comfort, but I'd wear dressier items when I go out.

Why do women deliberately wear clothing that isn't flattering to her figure?   

Could the answer be as simple as she doesn't own a full length mirror?   Or she really never learned what flatters her body type?  

Or could it be that she doesn't have any friends to tell her when something isn't her best look?   

@Tinkrbl44 Some women are confident enough in who they are they don't wear everything they put on their bodies because of how it "flatters" her body type.  Some are actually ok with their body type-whether you are are not.

Some larger women wear horizontal stripes, and some short ones like me are ok with things that "don't make my legs look longer" or "cut me off at the waist" because I like it and think it is pretty!  I know people understand how tall I am, and am OK with it.

There's inappropriate and that's not what I am talking about.  I'm just talking about something that is a good look, appropriate, pretty, I feel good in--but stops at being aimed at fooling people about my height.  And it doesn't bother me. 

Honored Contributor

About 20 years I was in a beach town and saw a women who was overweight but beautiful, beautifully groomed with a great haircut and striking jewelry.  She was wearing a sleeveless denim dress that was just above knee lenght and looked great.

Even though she was not slim, her arms were showing.  Her dress was so neat and fit her so geat, and she looked like a million bucks. I thought about that all winter and the next spring my way of thinking about clothes changed. She hadn't tried to hide herself, but she looked as good as any thin and fit person there. 

Respected Contributor

Are you talking about the jegging sun today’s show? That’s how jeggings fit.
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

I watched a little of Kim Gravel with Mary this morning.  They both had on super tight 'jeans" that didn't look good on either of them.  Then they started selling joggers.  Mary put those on and looked good in them.  It seems just about every host and model wears super tight pants.  Not talking leggings. I don't like baggy pants but I wish the super tight look would go away.  Do you like and wear pants that tight?  I guess if you look like Katia the model, anything would look good.  But most women don't.

@MoJoV 

I didn't see the show you referenced here, but I think there are actually two issues here. 

First, if women like the feeling of snug pants, such as leggings etc, they will tend to wear them.  The decision to wear them is based on the "feel" of the garment.

The problem is, Second, that tight pants are NOT FLATTERING on all women.   

There are all sorts of clothing options to choose from, and different instances where we'd wear them.  A lot of the clothes and shoes I wear at home are for comfort, but I'd wear dressier items when I go out.

Why do women deliberately wear clothing that isn't flattering to her figure?   

Could the answer be as simple as she doesn't own a full length mirror?   Or she really never learned what flatters her body type?  

Or could it be that she doesn't have any friends to tell her when something isn't her best look?   

@Tinkrbl44 Some women are confident enough in who they are they don't wear everything they put on their bodies because of how it "flatters" her body type.  Some are actually ok with their body type-whether you are are not.

Some larger women wear horizontal stripes, and some short ones like me are ok with things that "don't make my legs look longer" or "cut me off at the waist" because I like it and think it is pretty!  I know people understand how tall I am, and am OK with it.

There's inappropriate and that's not what I am talking about.  I'm just talking about something that is a good look, appropriate, pretty, I feel good in--but stops at being aimed at fooling people about my height.  And it doesn't bother me. 

@Sooner 

I agree with you 100%.    

My mother was a fashion model before she married, and I routinely rebelled against anything that sounded like a fashion "rule".  During my teen years her eyes rolled back in her head many times.   lol  Woman LOL

I was referring to "inappropriate".   Once in a while, someone just gets it very wrong and some kind friend needs to suggest something a little different to try.  

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV 

It seems like they all wear their pants like sausage casing.  I don't get it; it's NOT attractive.  I always say to myself & my husband if he's watching, "I bet she would look better if she would have sized up one size".  Quit squeezing into smaller sizes!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've lost 70 lbs, you betcha I'm wearing tight jeans! I have every color of Spanx jean-ish jeans and love them. I no longer have problem areas with my body so I'm going for it! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Way back when, I was probably like a lot of young people, I had to have my jeans so tight that I had to lay down to zip them up!  Ugh -- looking back I don't know how I stood it, but I don't remember it bothering me back then!  

I don't think really tight or really baggy pants are flattering.  Neither one does most people a favor.  

I prefer pants or jeans to fit comfortably and to caress the body and not squeeze the life out of it.  LOL!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin