Super Contributor

Watching Leah and Attitudes by Renee..... specifically the tunic.  I know I am slow, but just realizing Q fashions are all the same, just different vendors or branding.  For example, that tunic is the same in D&Co, Belle, Isaac, etc.  I used to see different styles on the Q and maybe that is why I don't buy fashion very often any more.  

Trusted Contributor

I don't see any difference than the local brick and mortar stores. I almost always buy apparel online, mostly the Q and HSN. I waited too long to purchase a gift for my daughter last month so I went to Macy's, Nordstrom's, Ross, as well as a cute little local boutique. I became very disappointed and frustrated as they did not have much to offer, not near what they use to years ago. The boutique prices were outrageous. The tops there started at $85, and these were basic tops. Granted, I was looking for specific colored items to go with a sterling jasper and green turquoise bracelet I had purchased. 

I now realize why I much prefer online shopping. So much easier to filter by size and color and style as well as other preferences. 

All businesses goals are to purchase the current trends so you will find similar items from different designers. This happens with all retailers.

Honored Contributor

Re: I am seeing it now....

[ Edited ]

@cjm61 wrote:

I don't see any difference than the local brick and mortar stores. I almost always buy apparel online, mostly the Q and HSN. I waited too long to purchase a gift for my daughter last month so I went to Macy's, Nordstrom's, Ross, as well as a cute little local boutique. I became very disappointed and frustrated as they did not have much to offer, not near what they use to years ago. The boutique prices were outrageous. The tops there started at $85, and these were basic tops. Granted, I was looking for specific colored items to go with a sterling jasper and green turquoise bracelet I had purchased. 

I now realize why I much prefer online shopping. So much easier to filter by size and color and style as well as other preferences. 

All businesses goals are to purchase the current trends so you will find similar items from different designers. This happens with all retailers.

@cjm61 

No designers any longer.    

Honored Contributor

@soozer    That's certainly why so little of my money is going to fashion anywhere.  I used to buy pretty much just because.    No reason, just because,  I got over that with jewelry years ago. I am finally there with clothing, too.

I've rarely bought much clothing from QVC, and that really hasn't changed much.  Once in a while I spot a color I need to complete an outfit I'm putting together.  That's all.  And I'm doing almost the same locally.

Honored Contributor

I gave up shopping the Q many years ago. Their styles are just too "vanilla" for my style. Sure boutique clothes are sometimes a bit pricey but I'd much rather pay the price for quality clothing that are unique. I'm such a clothes horse and love the thrill-of-the-hunt finding different and pretty things to wear. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@soozer wrote:

Watching Leah and Attitudes by Renee..... specifically the tunic.  I know I am slow, but just realizing Q fashions are all the same, just different vendors or branding.  For example, that tunic is the same in D&Co, Belle, Isaac, etc.  I used to see different styles on the Q and maybe that is why I don't buy fashion very often any more.  

I noticed that a few years ago.  All the designers offer the same items.  They just tweak them a little for their brand.  And they use the fabrics under different names.  That's why if something I love is sold out, I check the other designers and I often find the same item.  

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I gave up shopping the Q many years ago. Their styles are just too "vanilla" for my style. Sure boutique clothes are sometimes a bit pricey but I'd much rather pay the price for quality clothing that are unique. I'm such a clothes horse and love the thrill-of-the-hunt finding different and pretty things to wear. Heart

@ID2 

Ya lost me...what does 'vanilla' mean?  Boring?

I find tons of cool/chic items on the Q.

I'm a clothes horse too, but no way with these gas prices am I driving around to shops and malls when I have thousands of items a click away....whether here or on other sites.

Trusted Contributor

@soozer You may want to branch out to brick and mortar stores' online website. Old Navy has ten dollar dresses; the poplin ones are the best.  J.Crew has 50% extra off many items; I purchased a floral print skirt for under 35.00 and three cotton tops under 12 dollars each. Anthropology has unique clothing in great fabrics that are up to 50% or more off.  Talbots and Lands End have fantastic sales with varied styles and fabrics. Even better, they have one shipping charge and not shipping charges for each item.

Honored Contributor

@Zernia Rose   Agree 100%.  It seems to me that some posters here think QVC is the only place to shop.  Just about every retailer has a website.  I buy very little from QVC.  And now that others have mentioned Lands End, I ordered a waterproof jacket and a top, both 50% off, for less than $100.  

Shop around.  Plenty of variety and sales.

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Zernia Rose   Agree 100%.  It seems to me that some posters here think QVC is the only place to shop.  Just about every retailer has a website.  I buy very little from QVC.  And now that others have mentioned Lands End, I ordered a waterproof jacket and a top, both 50% off, for less than $100.  

Shop around.  Plenty of variety and sales.

People love hearing that