Respected Contributor

Some Fun Legwear

[ Edited ]

Who says winter legwear has to be fleece-lined or wool? Here are some fun legwear alternatives.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Trusted Contributor

Some of these remind me of the patterned tights of the 1960's.

Pin on It's a Mod World

Esteemed Contributor

I like fun tights to with my booties when I wear midi skirts or ankle pants during  fall/winter.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

@Bookplate  When I was in 6th grade, the "Total Look" was in. The pattern in the top matched the pattern of the tights. Twiggy probably modeled the Total Look. It was fun fashion. Love those 60's tights you posted.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Some Fun Legwear

[ Edited ]

@Desert Lily  Love the legwear. I have memories of wearing them in the 60's. Also wearing some of them in the 90's. I loved the look of the back seams with skirts. My mom would laugh that they were back in style. She, herself wore them in the 40's. LOL

Thanks for that fun post.

Respected Contributor

Oh what fun to see all these pictures.

I always loved fish net stockings until I bought a pair. I wore them with high heels and the fish net under my feet, was painful. When I finally removed them , my legs looked as if some one played tic tac toe on my legs.

So, they looked so greyt, but not so greyt to wear.

Honored Contributor

I like a lot of these!

In fact, I have this style right now.  They have smooth metallic thread; one pair black w/silver thread, and another pair black w/gold thread.  

image.png

Trusted Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

@Bookplate  When I was in 6th grade, the "Total Look" was in. The pattern in the top matched the pattern of the tights. Twiggy probably modeled the Total Look. It was fun fashion. Love those 60's tights you posted.

Don't I know it!  I had stripes, plaids, flowers and dots below my mini skirts.  Not only was it fun fashion, it was a fun time for fashion in general, and geared toward the young for the first time.

Honored Contributor

Re: Some Fun Legwear

[ Edited ]

Speaking of tights, remember when we all still wore panty hose, stockings, tights years ago and the Q ladies had their own proprietary legwear called Legacy here? They made the best stockings/pantyhose. All of the (female)  hosts wore them and sold them here by the millions. They had a vendor rep who was really pretty, very informative too (can't recall her name though).

They had some 'designer' patterns too, herringbone, tweeds, fishnets too in a woven stocking and in open traditional fishnet weave. I always bought their pantyhose for work, I also had a few pair of the fishnets. Yep I'd wear these to work too, they were not distasteful for work either as I'd have never done that if I thought so.

This brand was the bomb in legwear for women I thought. I think I still have a couple of pair of them too in my lingerie drawer.

Valued Contributor

Love!  If those around me wore them I would be in but in my case, tody, I would be the only one and me kids would pretend they didn"t know me