Respected Contributor

Do you still buy the the Joan Rivers clothing?

I think David who reps her line is a sweetheart. But I find it hard to believe that Joan would be selling barn jackets, denim shirts and flannel boyfriend shirts. I remember how she always wore clothes from her line in her shows. I always found the quality in her offerings. I just don't see her wearing or selling these types of items that are sold in her name now. I am not saying that the things they show now are not quality. I don't know as I don't buy it. What I am really saying is that they just don't seem to represent what Joan loved.
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you still buy the the Joan Rivers clothing?

I remember Joan on QVC selling barn jackets, denim shirts, and flannel boyfriend shirts.

Respected Contributor

@cody2 wrote:
I think David who reps her line is a sweetheart. But I find it hard to believe that Joan would be selling barn jackets, denim shirts and flannel boyfriend shirts. I remember how she always wore clothes from her line in her shows. I always found the quality in her offerings. I just don't see her wearing or selling these types of items that are sold in her name now. I am not saying that the things they show now are not quality. I don't know as I don't buy it. What I am really saying is that they just don't seem to represent what Joan loved.

She did sell those items but she also sold other things that have been long gone for some time. I had many of her jackets, shirts - not boyfriend - and  outer wear jackets.

Those days are gone.

Respected Contributor

My mom has a ton of her 'blazers'--not outwear, but the kind you'd wear inside.

Honored Contributor

No...I have not purchased much clothing from QVC lately.  Everything looks the same...no real design in the clothes.  

I will not buy Hi Low hems, sharkbite, sleeveless, or leggings.  I have to try things on.

I do have a Joan Rivers jacket that I purchased when she was still alive...I love it...her line is nothing like it was before her death.

Honored Contributor

I occasionally buy something on sale when I need a denim shirt.  I think David designs according to what he knows, namely men's clothing.  His scope is very limited.  I don't think he's a trained designer.  The line is over-priced and much of it is cotton that needs ironing.

Frankly, I'm surprised he has lasted as long as he has.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

QVC is the one doing the buying.  If they wanted something other than what is currently being offered under the Joan Rivers label, I'm sure David (or whoever designs) would oblige.

Honored Contributor

@cody2 

Only made one JR purchase ..... Quality is a bit over-rated.

I bought two pars of pants - glen plaid - and the plaid doesn't match at the side seams.  

--------------------------------------

@cody2 wrote:

Esteemed Contributor

When David went solo,,,,,,,,,,,I left the line.

He's a copy cat and not a very good one.   (opinion only)

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I occasionally buy something on sale when I need a denim shirt.  I think David designs according to what he knows, namely men's clothing.  His scope is very limited.  I don't think he's a trained designer.  The line is over-priced and much of it is cotton that needs ironing.

Frankly, I'm surprised he has lasted as long as he has.

Um, corrections needed. David is a three- time Emmy award winning costume designer long before he met Joan. ' Mens clothing' - I would say beautifully tailored. Joan did not design her entire lone alone - David was a large part of it.

I love cotton and natural fabrics and  don't spend good money on over- priced synthetic fabrics that look liket hey were from Target. Hello Barefoot Dreams. IMO.

Joan's  line changed not because of David. He follows what the Q tells its vendors what sells. Thats why the majority of Q clothing is repetitive tunics and smile hems. I loved Joan's line and bought a lot. Not any longer.